Clicksound Logic Pro and Ableton Live construction templates

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by mike.davis, Mar 19, 2012.

1. mike.davis

mike.davis Newbie

I was searching for some decent construction templates last night for Logic Pro and I found this site - http://www.clicksound.net/

They cover a range of styles from Dubstep through to Classical. I purchased Dubstep Micro Elements 1 for Logic Pro which is fantastic. Clicksound also offer some really cool templates for Ableton Live.

It looks like they do small micro templates and larger extended templates using Logic's built-in plugins and also using third party plugins such as Native Instruments Massive.

Anyway, thought I would share this as it might be useful for creative newbies like myself :)

Attached Files:

3. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Hey man! I came across the same site too! You're right it is awesome for newbies like me too! I got one of the house templates - Deep House 1, it had a cool preview, totally my thing! Got working on it straight away - brilliant!

How are you finding your dubstep?!

I get their newsletter, they've got some more house ones, hopefully more dubstep will be on the way for you too mate!

Anyway, just thought i'd say hi as its weird we've both done the same thing!

Cheers!

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Awesome, now u can both sound exactly the same as each other.. :rofl:

Methinks soon.. my Grandma ( god rest her soul ) could be producing Dubstep.. hands behind her back of course... eyes closed. :grooves:

5. mike.davis

mike.davis Newbie

Hi,

The Dubstep template I downloaded from Clicksound is really cool. I mean, it has really helped me to progress with production and mastering etc.

I tried a few of these types of templates form other sites and to be honest they were pretty bad but the Clicksound templates are different. The parts are extremely professional and the drums are awesome. They work right out of the box too with no issues at all! ...makes a change from some other templates I have tried.

I think they are a new company but I do know that I will be downloading more from them as they add new templates. I'm looking forwards to trying the Ableton templates too.

Cheers :)

6. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Ha! Unless I've seriously missed something, Deep House and Dubstep...sounding exactly the same...I never knew those 2 styles were SO similar!! Perhaps read a post before commenting (just a thought!), unless that's the way you roll with some kind of Deep Dub House Step fusion...hey, who am I to say whether that would work?!

Perhaps your Grandma (God rest indeed) has just prompted you to discover a new style!

And - if you want to get a head start on your new "Deep-Dub-house" you could go to Clicksound and get a couple of templates of your own and mix them together...they don't give you a track, it's like a construction kit of samples but all in MIDI so you make it yours - try it, your Grandma might like it :break:

7. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

That's great man! You're right about the working out of the box thing too, I do get what our esteemed friend is saying about sounding the same (although couldn't not mention the differnce in styles! (sorry dude!)) and you probably had the same thought as I did - like, am I buying something which is going to sound the same as everyone else who has downloaded this, but I genuinely didn't think it was going to be THIS customisable! I'm having almost indecent amounts of fun taking bits out, messing it around, putting my own ideas - already it sounds completely different to their demo on their website which was what got my Paypal finger clicking - and I really feel its MY track - got an awesome hook going on! Are you finding the same?

The mastering channel is great too - really like how they have done their EQ and I wanted to learn more about mastering - I always wanted to make my tracks a bit harder/louder, but could never get it right, now I've got this channel, and boom! its there! Even just that was totally worth the money!

I think the point is though is that I've got my own ideas, but stuff I've done before I've never been totally pleased with, cos I'm learning (and have been totally too embarased about asking probably really stupid questions!) and I've got really frustrated before (head-banging-wall!) With this template, for the first time I actually think I have a decent track of my own! ha! it's like giving me tips on how to do things from a producing point of view, but you can take or leave what you want and work your own idea, do you get me?!

Definitely will be buying more too - have you tried an extended one yet?

8. beatelite

beatelite Newbie

Disclaimer: I am the founder of Beatelite.com and this post is probably going to be biased. We may also repeatedly refer to ourselves as handsome, cool, brave or just plain awesome. We're signing on as ourselves because I think it's important to be honest and let our product speak for itself. We think signing up as a pretend user to promote ourselves or respond to our own posts would certainly be cheap! ;)

Anywho, Beatelite.com is the original Logic, Ableton, Cubase, Fl Studio and Reason midi template curators and producers. We were the first and have been around for over 4 years. We're honestly flattered with the imitators popping up. Clicksounds stuff sounds good and we can appreciate that they loved our idea enough to take it and run with it. I can't say I blame them!

I will say that:

1) The only thing that outweighs our handsomeness is our awesomeness (I warned you)
    2) We have some luminary producers on our roster and will continue to bring award-winning artists to learn from. Our mission is to add value to your production.

Our midi template producers-
    Jody Wisternoff (coming this month)
    The Rogue Element
    Dan Castro
    Manel Diaz
    Pezzner
    Jamie Wamie
    Felipe Senne
    Depone
    Ryan Sullivan

Come visit us at beatelite.com. Heck, if you fan us on facebook.com/beatelite and send us a direct message telling us that you saw this post, we'll give you 30% off your first purchase just so we can prove ourselves to you.

Much love

Mikiah

9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

My point was.. 2700 people buy the same template, sounds, and 2700 people start sounding the same..

Gee, you don't hear it on 9/10 tracks on Soundcloud? Its all the same. Same droning dubstep licks, same wobbly presets, same pumping trance lead synths... over and over and over.... and over.

Granted, some tweak beyond recognition, but by default, imo, electronic music makers are, at heart.. somewhat lazy and tend to copy.

That's all I was saying.

You wanna sound original, make your own sounds, make ur own tracks from scratch... just my opinion. I wasn't comparing genres, although I guess it could have been seen that way. :mates:

For example.. Im no BT.. but last night..around midnight.. I started with a default sine wav and without being some expert in sound design, I tweaked it, over and over, somewhat randomly at times..until about 4 am.. on just ONE patch.. Now, its exactly what I wanted.. and I need not give any credit to anyone else or wonder if someone will recognize it from a template.

10. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Hey man! I hope I didn't cause any offence by the way (it's always difficult to try to be funny in text...or maybe trying to be funny in general!) Totally wasn't getting at you though - I really respect that you've come back with this answer and dude - credit to you for working that hard on a patch! Bet it sounds awesome too! Straight up, I do understand the danger of buying an idea from somewhere like Clicksound and what I do with it, loads of others have done the same, but that just makes me want to sit down with my template and mess around with it even more - like you have with your patch, and being in MIDI, it means I can do that. Plus being pretty new at all of this, what I've downloaded gives me material to mess around with so I can learn what you can do with it, so basically, I;m just really pleased and look forward to when I can talk to you again and say I've learnt and can do what your talking about!! ha!

:mates:

11. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Hey, talk about jumping to conclusions man! I don't need to defend who I am or why I'm on here, I think it's clear to most people, but funny that you've taken it the way you have...honestly, I just signed up here cos I found some other guy talking about a site I'd just come across too - and if you're worried about me being some plant or whatever your accusing me of, I found Clicksound through musicradar!
    Cheers for the 30%, if I'd known finding another website would end up me getting 30% off another site, I'd do it more often!
    You sure you guys aren't working together?! ha! :mates:

12. beatelite

beatelite Newbie

No accusations implied my friend. Just making sure people know we are transparent. ;) and yes, not a bad way to get discounts.

13. svmiller

svmiller Newbie

No offense at all.
    But why buying construction kits and stuff, instead of buying courses that teaches you how to make something.
    I mean, instead of buy a premade track and fill it your drums samples, synth patches and stuff. Why don't you get a training course on programming drums, basslines, harmony, sound design and so on...?
    So your track is completely made by you.

Cheers :wink:

14. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Hey dude,

Thanks for this - I would be interested in this too but don't know where to look...ok, there's the obvious googling - but look where that got me last time :rofl: ! Can you recommend any particular courses as there seem to be tonnes and I don't have too much money to fund with...if you get me!? :wink: cheers man

15. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Sonic Academy, Macprovideo and Groove3.. all great, and great value tutorial courses.

Then of course there is Dubspot, Vespers and Pointblankonline.

:)

16. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Clicksound is great and have fair prices!

17. svmiller

svmiller Newbie

Youtube, for example, you can find a lot there.
    Sonic Academy.
    DMP.
    Groove3.

18. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

And STILL no sign of said "TEMPLATES" on "another" site I visit on a regular.

Strange that.

:dunno:

19. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Thanks dude - really appreciate the advice! Have been checking everything you suggest out and am getting on great :wink:

20. Ali.Toge

Ali.Toge Newbie

Thanks man! Really appreciate the advice, I've been checking out all the things everyone's suggested and I'm getting on great with everything including working my CS template, so thanks! :wink: