Classic Trance Remix

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by TheFrown, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TheFrown

TheFrown Newbie

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrT3ylR5Sks[/youtube]

One of my favorite tracks so I decided to bring it to house bpm but still keep the uplifting feel!

3. G String

G String Rock Star

I like Trance, but never heard of that track.

Your mix? sounds excellent to me. The breaks have a really nice classic sound - reverb whatever it is. I'm not fussed about the main theme, and I listened to the original.....not sure why it's 'classic' - but that's just me. Production wise, though, yours is excellent. What did you use?

The 2nd half of original is pretty good actually. :D

4. G String

G String Rock Star

This is classic trance.

http://youtu.be/H3QVZ9uitMs

:bow:

Llyn Brianne all nighters in West Wales. :D :D

5. TheFrown

TheFrown Newbie

Well its classic modern trance. Was one of anjunabeats first successful tracks. I suppose calling it classic is a little off but I always liked the track :)

As for my production, I am glad you enjoyed it! I used a lot of nexus, one z3ta, and a couple sounds from my virus. :dancing:

Thanks so much for your comment!

6. G String

G String Rock Star

Nexus is fab.

What sort of FX or setup is running through the breaks? There's a really nice mood/soundscape running through them. [I'm looking for some hints here ;)]

7. TheFrown

TheFrown Newbie

Well I have assorted samples repeating at 8 bar intervals.

Starting with the the layered boom. Those came from Activa's Freshly Squeezed sample pack (Recommend that). Then i have a white noise perc hit Eq'd down very hard with lots of delay followed by a random fx shot eqd down and tons of delay as well.

The key to the mood of the break is the filtered pad for sure. At its apex it has 3 layers all from nexus. It starts with one filtered down then the 2nd one is introduced as the Low pass filter moves up the register. Eventually the third one is thrown in as the filter finishes its movement. Be very selective when choosing pad layers. Be very aggressive with your EQ when you have multiple layers like this. Try hard to remove most the clashing frequency's. Its ok if there is a couple it adds some nice harmonics.

The pluck is from nexus, with a ton of processing on it. A bit much id say but I love its sound.

I hope that answers your question! :wink: