Class like deadmau5's master class for a better price or better material?

Discussion in 'Education' started by xXDayDreamerXx, Feb 11, 2017.

1. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Definitely, you're absolutely right! And Dubstep is already kind of the Metal of Electronic Music, sums up how much these guys are heavies :rofl:I always liked their respective solo careers, this band can ONLY be dope af!

2. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Wait what. I recommend you to investigate more. And stop listening to over-hyped EDM from (too) big majors.

I really dont get why you're that much persuaded that EDM = naive and girly melodies. There is TONS of "serious" and deep EDM. But of course it's not the ones getting repeated in the clubs.

Edit : I think you're thinking about big room (only) when talking about EDM. And that would explain your feeling about it. But there is so much others (and so much better) genres within this movement.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

I really did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings here offended mistakenly but when you hear tracks like below ones and from another side EDM producers following their methodologies, you're searching for the reason of all of these bad states of affairs.

1- https://clyp.it/z4mwlalh

2- https://clyp.it/hpf2itij

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2017
  4. Pepsentido

Pepsentido Noisemaker

What is the name of the video?, educational purpose, btw, is it real?

5. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Yeah I want to know what plugins she uses... :thumbsup:

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

It's fully educational. Complementary course to Deadmau5's one. In just 5 minutes makes you a well-known EDM character.

7. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

This is absolute upload_2017-2-14_9-15-51.jpeg

He lives here....[​IMG]
    He drives........[​IMG] and upload_2017-2-14_9-18-27.jpeg
    He's worth 53 million dollars. With that amount, you no longer have money worries, so what boundries are you talking about.
    His own fear that people won't like him anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

No. He's just being ignorant.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Good to see someone getting out from behind the laptop and using the tech to put on a real show.

10. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

First. This isn't EDM:bleh:, and second it sounds like 90's trance with the sounds changed and some goth style vocals on top:dunno:

11. J Addison

J Addison Kapellmeister

This the Song? lol

12. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Again. This isn't EDM or dance music in general. It's electronica. Stop slagging off dance music because you're not a fan. I'm not a Fan of a lot of modern dance music nowadays, mainly because of that nauseous obsession with "The Drop". I mean, can't we do something different now?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Remember when the tracks we made were at least 7 minutes long with 16 bars of intro and outro. But this was when real djs mixed with real vinyl and needed it to for seamless blends. A perfect mix was when you didnt have to fade out because you knew your material and had your transitions lined up perfectly. All you did was some eq tricks swapping the bass from one channel to the other and maybe a few hard cuts on the 4th beat. Back then it was all about the breakdown and buildup. That part of the song, usually in the relative major, that would transport you to another place momentarily. When the whole club would go black and everybody reached for the sky. I miss that music too. It was all about the interlude.

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes, absolutely they're not EDM.
    Goth, EBM, whatever, are much better than EDM.

15. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

Kanye was amusing, especially his first couple of replies, but as mentioned in the video, they were a little stale. But it wasn't enough to overcome Joel's "#prayforyeezy" given the context that Kanye was reportedly millions in debt at the time.

Though, I do wonder if Joel caught Kanye himself or if someone (with a smaller Twitter following, like Steve, perhaps) mentioned it to him.

Either way, absolutely wrecked.

16. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

A track by a real Dj. Unfortunately it isn't a live feed of the track so it doesn't really match the footage. Oh and for those who think that Deadmau, Guetta and co are real Djs. This is what a real Dj looks like.....

But I do like this style of breakdown build up, short and sweet.

Don't interfere with your dancing.

17. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

No they aren't. They're different. Like apples and oranges are different, and different people like different things.
    Oh! If you think dance music is for little girls, maybe you could go and tell this guy.............

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Agreed! So damn tired of this Build-up into Drop (= Chorus) code. But good news is good producers tends to forget about it, I see more and more Future Bass (for example) getting rid of it (for the better).

19. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Yeah people who says "This genre is better than this one" really got the wrong approach. Like you say, it's different, better for your taste maybe, but no genre is objectively better than another.

20. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Well, there are some factors like novelty, complexity, virtuosity, lightness, cultural message and so on.
    It's easy to spot when something is just a formula.
    99,9999999 % of the music out there is garbage and won't stand the test of time.