CINESAMPLES sues UPLOADER

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by twathead, Mar 11, 2012.

1. twathead

twathead Kapellmeister

3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Idiot selling it with Paypal as a payment all over the net !! Dope

4. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

I love how IP lawsuits always claim that 950 downloads = 950 lost sales.

In the real world if someone suddenly appeared on a street corner giving away honda civics and 950 people took one I don't think anyone could reasonably expect that those 950 people would have bought brand new honda civics (that day, that week or ever!!!!).

I am not defending stealing, or selling someone else's IP for your own profit.

[But isn't that what facebook and google do when they sell our internet habits and contents of our emails to other companies? Isn't that our data and our intellectual property? I guess it is only a crime when the little guy does what the big guys do.]

I think as a species we need to rethink what is going on here. I don't think this legal defense of an unsustainable industry is the right way to go.

5. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Hahaha....

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

ok this with paypal was really dumb and this resulting in a :rofl:
    the links are not working here :/ both *no*

7. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

What's that story with Paypal ? I can't open the soniccontrole.tv link !

Yeah all this story sounds weird... (I didn't understand this story with Paypal though, the Chile guy was selling CineSamples cracked with Paypal ?)

But the only point they are right, it's this guy working as a composer for movies who officially buy his stuff, and the other guy with cracked samples ! That shouldn't happens ! I don't know if composers/musicians should prove they own everything they work with or any smart solution, but making money with cracked stuff is something I can't stand !

In another hand as CineSamples said "The world is changing" and in this new world who can buy everything one needs if every stuff is $300 ? Musicians/composers can't earn as much money as some years ago (Because of this world's changes and "piracy", that half-joke music industry tell to not pay people) so who the heck they can buy everything with that price ?? So one more time, the only ones who are screwed are musicians...

And to go further, this happened since every single guy on earth can make music at home with almost nothing ! So I don't know... I'm not sure what is right, what is wrong... What do you think ?

8. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

cracking a software to sell it has nothing to do with filesharing,they did well to charge the moron

9. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Ok ! The guy was reselling cracked stuff ?

10. duskwings

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

haha 950 potential purchaser :rofl: ill never get that - why they think all the ppl would buy it?!
    but yeah its indeed dumb to sell the stuff and collect money. :wow:

btw the link works again:

in the case the link inst working again.

12. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Oh yeah, now it works again ! Sorry and thank you :)

So he didn't sell anything cracked ! He "just" bought the product with a kind of secret group buy and then shared it ! This is approximately what every pirate does, right ? He didn't make any money out of it !

13. duskwings

he resold it,in fact he accepted paypal payments

14. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

duskwings you are completly wrong , read it again ! this dude have make an group buy on a warez site for Cinebrass , anyone who was involved in the group buy have leaked it here also to audioz (his copy) , also DYNAMiCS have released his version (probably alot of you guys have download it also) ! Cinesamples have found it out because it had watermarked nki files that his copy has floating arround !

the resell thing and paypal is another story as the same dude is the owner from IceSamples also !

15. odod

odod Rock Star

pablo made some good VSL Library for Kontakt too .. and they sounds good .. anyway .. miss him