Cinesamples Musio - New Player!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Jan 18, 2022.

1. waverider

waverider Rock Star

I have no idea to be honest, only know Sforzando personally and that hasn't really been convincing. Heard good things of DecentSampler but don't know anything about it either. Who knows, maybe Sine or Spitfire Player will be open for third party developers at some point?

2. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Shortcircuit XT is probably the closest to a open-source Kontakt alternative you can find (if it will ever get released, that is)!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

TW16Wx by CWITEC is ridiculously full-featured for a free sampler (not open source though), there are no libraries for it really, but it does import SF2/SFZ/EXS24/REX so there's plenty of those.

Fantastic for fucking about with your own samples really.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. waverider

waverider Rock Star

now we just need some hacker gods to post a kontakt - to - SF2/SFZ/EXS24/REX - converter :rofl:

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Well, the best free open-source sampler I know is Hise Sampler: http://hise.audio/
    But I wouldn't count on a free project taking the lead or even competing with big companies.

By the way, with Meldaproduction's MSoundFactory you can do almost everything including big sample libraries. It's just insane the features it has.

6. dia manu

dia manu Producer

we need a OPUS/ENGINE/KONTAKT etc to FALCON converter
    hi, R2R :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. dia manu

dia manu Producer

still prefer the hardware :D

8. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Just rewrite Kontakt in JUCE. That will make it HiDPI compatible + Linux compatible + resizable + Kontakt can load plugins in itself + whatever the fuck JUCE has in its bag. Call it version 7. I just gave you a business strategy NI.

9. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

I totally forgot about HISE! It's definitely closer to Kontakt than Shortcircuit, and more importantly; it's in working condition!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yep. I haven't used it myself, but it's been developed since several years ago. And it's powerful: javascript-like scripting, direct from disk loading and all the usual features of a modern sampler: layers, groups, etc...

And like you said, I've seen some videos of people using it and seems pretty stable. The developer is a very hard worker.