Cinesamples Drums of War 2

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by jayhind, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Was checking DOW2 today and the patch called "Metals" seems to only play metal sounds of two instruments (where it is supposed to have a lot more seeing the Kontakt wallpaper of the instrument). I went and checked inside the folders and found out that there are a bunch of other samples that are not being used in the patch (these are not unused garbage wav files). They are in WAV format so its easy to use them, I was wondering if it was a bug or am I missing something? Couldn't find anything about this online.

3. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

all the samples in the sample folder are in use.

metals has 12 sounds (as indicated on the keyboard) and there should be a total of 10 samples per sound (120) in the samples folder.

there are 22 groups (20 round robin, 1 wet, 1 dry) and each of the round robin groups contain 6 samples.

as long as the 12 keys play sound, your patch is fine.

4. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Thank you for your reply, indeed the sample count is same here but the patch I have only plays 3 sounds, the first 4 keys play 2 instruments while the remaining 8 keys play a single instrument. The package I got also had a folder with patches for Kontakt 3, surprisingly the K3 version also has the same problem.

5. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

try this metals patch and see if you get the 12 keys to play properly. place it in the 'Metals' folder. you should see the keyswitches on the left and the 12 sounds on the right.

if you get the samples missing dialog just point it to the dow2 samples directory.

dow2-metals

6. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Thank you so much for the help Frank, I will be able to check this in a few hours but if this doesn't solve the issue than the new Kontakt is to be blamed, I can't think of any other explanation.

Thank you once again!

7. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Unfortunately no change.

This is what the patches sound like (both yours and mine)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6711e6e7r31k2qx/metals.ogg

This is what it should sound like (I constructed this using the wave files of each of the 6 metal instruments)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1p29w5eq1c9x126/metals_wavs.ogg

Can you please confirm if you get the same audio at your end?

8. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Seems like Mediafire has blocked the files. Don't know what MF policy was violated.