Cinesamples Cinexxx Libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Bunford, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

For some reason I am having issues with these in Kontakt. I have downloaded them and not altered anything. All I have done is use the .nicnt files downlaoded from the sister site.

CineStrings CORE adds fine and works fine.

CineBrass CORE adds fine but show the "??? - not registered" error in the info pane and none of the instruments load due to "need to install library" error.

All the other seem to add fine but do not appear in the 'add library' tab. I have checked registry and the Common Files>Service Center for xml files and they are all there and seem to be registering fine.

Anybody else having issues with these? I have just installed a fresh OS with a clean latest Kontakt 5.5.1 and added a fair bit of other libraries that have all added fine without issue and working fine.

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

that most of the time happen when User messing arround with snipid numbers and when it comes to conflicts

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah I know. That is why I recently deleted all my libraries and re-downloaded all fresh copies and left them all untouched. I then used the ones from this thread:

https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-library-tabs.9527/

And only getting issues with the Cinesamples libraries (and just come across another one, being Embertone's Blakus Cello library).

5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

just start over again and add only original Kontakt Player Librarys

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Most of my libraries work fine though. It's just these. Also, if I try to open instrument from the Cinesamples libraries from the file browser I still get the 'need to authorise this library' error. It's very odd as they all seem to have registry entries and an xml file and Kontakt gives me no error or 'no library found' message when I add it. Confused.

7. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

If you have inadvertently used an previously assigned SNIPD, the lib will typically appear in the lib tab with no wallpaper, showing the "resources missing" error. In such cases I usually just reassign the SNPIDs for BOTH libs (the new one and the one the SNPID originally applied to), since the number seems to get shit attached to it and it's easier than trying to shake it all off. But if you haven't got that error and it's just appeared normally in the tab but w/o authorization, that's probably not the cause (given all the work you've done chasing down SNPIDs it seems unlikely anyway). Rather some element of the package may have become corrupted. Best to reinstall from clean rars, but not before sanitizing the system of all traces of the old install - especially the XML and the prefs, since these can still contain metadata that points to the corrupted install. Always make sure the lib actually needs the .nicnt file before you add one - putting them in unnecessarily is one of the most common causes of corruption.

8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

These libraries are clean and freshly downloaded and don't seem to be corrupted. If I change. The SNPID on them and try to reinstall will that maybe fix them?

9. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Probably not - in my experience if the SNPID is already in use the lib won't load even in the lib tab. If you just unpacked from clean rars the lib itself is probably not corrupted (yet), but some other element in the system is retaining a reference to the last install and reacting to its corruption (and possibly corrupting your lib when you attempt to run it). That's why it's so critical to remove all the prefs, XML, any data it writes that might provide a reference. It's hard to be catagorical because each dev has a slightly different approach, but all will write an XML on install and pref file(s) the first time you boot the lib - nuke em all and reboot Kontakt before you reinstall.

One way the SNPID could be involved in corruption though is if you're adding a .nicnt file where it's not needed - a lib that already has all that metadata embedded. That will corrupt the lib and you have to clean it all out, restart Kontakt and reinstall without the .nicnt file.

10. salsky

salsky Newbie

try uninstalling the Kontak do a cleanse if you CClean PC or MAC with Clean My Mac . Then install Kontak 5.3.1 should be the last available for download . I still do not feel the Library CIneSample Core Strings . I had similar problems with some other libreiria and by uninstalling and installing the I settled with the Kontak again . I try to load the library CineSample Core Strings and let you know if I have difficulties. Hello

11. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

describe step by step what you have done. @Frubbs contributes with right directions. Sometimes a library doesn't need .nicnt files. But if this is not your case, follow the instructions here and do a list of all your <SNPID> numbers and look for an empty field to modify it in the .nicnt file, so that it doesn't conflict with: https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to-view-all-your-snpid-codes-from-nicnts.12505/#post-169629
    Before that, erase .xlm files in service center and com.xxxx.list files in >library>preferences if u are on mac.

12. salsky

salsky Newbie

Hello So I Uploaded library Strings core and quietly He and Uploaded Without Problems .
    I screen A screen and mail the pictures here to show the content .