Cinematic Studio stuff deleted on sister site?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MetalGorm123, Feb 13, 2019.

1. MetalGorm123

MetalGorm123 Newbie

Hi all,

nice to finally be a member too. One question, simply because i find it hard to believe myself:

Did they really take down all the Cinematic Studio Series stuff, including Cinematic Studio Strings, Brass and Solo Strings on the sister site?
    That would be terrible indeed, as i was finally looking forward to trying it out. Especially since my current tool Cinebrass suffers from some major problems making it impossible to work with and i thought now was finally the time to switch to this amazing brass library. The libraries have been up there for quite a while, please don't tell me i was just this little bit too late :(

Sorry, just a sad hobby-composer with no money over here...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  3. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

Not so hard to believe.. The sister site is in full compliance with 17 U.S.C. § 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), which is now widely (ab)used to remove supposedly copyright infringing content from sites as quick as possible.

The only advice I can give you, as far as the material you are mentioning is concerned (e.g. big orchestral libraries aso..) is to get it within a day(s) after it's posted. Anything else, and you are risking to never see it again. Have a backup plan (like a private torrent tracker - not advisable from a legal point of view though).

The staff at sister site is doing a great job to keep things organized, re-upload broken links and similar. But, as mentioned, they fully respect properly filled DMCA takedown notices issued. That is all you have to acknowledge for now, I think..

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. MetalGorm123

MetalGorm123 Newbie

Thanks for the answer.
    I was in no way trying to criticize the admins. The thing I found unbelievable was my bad luck as the libraries must have been taken down just a few days ago after having been there for years. Just wanted to make sure it's not my way of searching that's something wrong with.

The backup plan is obviously an idea however i really always download only what I need. And so far I didn't need this. But now there's like no alternative :(

I guess there's no way the brass libray will be upped again at some point on the sister site? :(
    Is there anyone who has an idea for another source for the brass library? I would be extremely grateful!

5. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

[EDIT]: Removed my former answer, no longer applies :shalom:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

This is not how things work at all. Very few things ever get removed. I suggest you don't take advice from someone with only 12 posts. This person hasn't even been a member for a year yet. I'm sure there are still working torrents, or simply become friends with someone from Audioz who is "in-the-know." Sorry, applications for my friendship are closed...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Maybe some things have been re-categorized under a label with a very dark color, maybe. I can't give further information than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. MetalGorm123

MetalGorm123 Newbie

I'm seriously touched by the quick help in this forum. Thank you so much! I did not expect this.

9. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

You are absolutely right. I was citing facts, you are talking about how things work. Different things. :winker: I wasn't giving any advice, except get it as soon as possible (not so stupid), and the on on torrents, which is basically the same as yours..
    You don't trust someone with 12 posts.. that's ok. I hope you equally don't trust someone registered today ..with your life exactly

"flyingsleeves I try not to argue with strangers over the internet. You should do the same." <-- let's try harder!

Maybe... very dark magenta on black works wonders. :chilling:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

when it was up on az , its out there....
    or pm someone

12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

TaxiDriver is absolutely right in all he says here. We take down material if asked by developer.