Cinematic Studio ignore Kontakt purge, still using RAM?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Esteros, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Esteros

Esteros Member

Cinematic Studio Strings/Brass ignore Kontakt purge, still using RAM.
    I am using FL Studio.

I created template with CSS and CSB, but each time I open this template, in Kotnakt it shows 0mb/gb on all patches, but my task manager shows 95% RAM is used.
    I have 16GB RAM.

3. adsasdasd

adsasdasd Ultrasonic

Okey first thing you should do is to check other programs via task manager, if you see some abnormalities fix them (like an app using much memory). Then create empty project and look for only one instance of empty Kontakt's memory usage. If numbers are normal load different patch (not from Cinematic Studio) and purge it, and check if Kontakt is the problem. If the problem is Kontakt's purging, then uninstall & reinstall kontakt. If it is not from Kontakt, check the Cinematic studio's website and forums for more info.

And maybe these can help:

- I dont know if fl studio has freeze function, if it has you can use it for saving memory. My other advice is don't use multiple instances of kontakt, use kontakt in multi-timbral state. These are not your solution but I know that Kontakt itself uses memory even if nothing is loaded.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. Esteros

Esteros Member

Thanks.
    I tried all what you said.
    Seems that those libraries are heavy on scripts and thats the reason they eat RAM.

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Best Answer
    Actually no, libs will occupy some RAM space (about 33-40%) even if they are purged, that's normal behaviour.