Cinematic Strings nicnt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by FerSalamanca, Jul 14, 2013.

1. FerSalamanca

FerSalamanca Newbie

Hi there everyone! I'm having issues to successfully load Cinematic Strings 2.1 into Kontakt 5.0.3. My computer is a MacBook running Mac OSX 10.7.5. The thing is, the library will show up in the library tab, but whenever i try to load any of its instruments it gives me this message "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective Library is registered properly". Is it because of the Kontakt version? Because I followed a tutorial posted in this forum about the nicnt files but it just doesn't work for me. Am I missing something? If someone has managed to use this library with this kontakt version could you please (and by please I mean I really beg you) send me the nicnt file you are using so I can compare it with mine and figure out what did I missed?

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

update Kontakt, NI service center is probably your problem

4. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

A known Kontakt Bug.. Try this..

-In your Library/Database Browser -> delete the string library...
    -Restart your Daw/Standalone..
    -open Kontakt and Update Database (DON´T load/start Library/Database this time)
    -Restart Daw/Standalone
    -from now you should be able to use it..

Kontakt loads/checks his databases and libraries on startup and messes up sometimes with some .nki´s when they are imported and get used before a restart..

A workaround is the above.. should work in most cases but to get it to work it´s failed the first time..you have to delete the entries and start from the beginning.

some time ago a i got the same error message with abbey roads 70´s drummer .. for me the workaround does it´s job..

peace

5. FerSalamanca

FerSalamanca Newbie

Thanks guys. @n12no I tried your workaround several times but didn't work. I suppose I must wait for a Kontakt 5.1.0 gets released for mac. Thanks anyway, and if someone knows about a mac k5.1.0 release or any other workaround please let me know!

6. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

kontakt 5.2.0 for mac is out at the usual places. it was released and then a fix for some libraries was released a few days later. cinematic strings works perfectly fine with this.

7. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

@ FerSalamanca check your PM dude...

peace

8. FerSalamanca

FerSalamanca Newbie

Thanks man, but i have more issues now. I've updated using the link u sent me, installed K5.2.0 now all my libraries are in demo mode and yet cinematic strings wont work. Regarding CS it must be an issue with the dl itself so I'll give up with it. Now what can i do to solve the demo mode issue? Thanks for all your help so far.

9. FerSalamanca

FerSalamanca Newbie

nevermind, I found out the problem is the K5.2.0 update has a player license instead of a full license. I'll try to find out a full version of this update, if not then I'll go back to 5.0.3

10. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

Ok dude.. i will hook you up via PM.. check this.. i think this will do the job finally..

please uninstall your old version of kontakt before try to fix your problem with the 2nd link..
    also after the fresh installation i think (i am not shure about, i am a PC User, but.. i friend told me..) it seems so that in some cases MAC users have to start the standalone first to fix that demo think...bur really not shure about that.. nevermind check PM..

i´m sorry that i can´t get deeper with that right now.. Got a record session today... i will look after it as soon as i returned back home..

after that we will fix your libray problem.. i am quite shure it´s not an issue with your Dl..

peace