Chromeo guitar sound

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by shake_puig, May 26, 2015.

1. shake_puig

shake_puig Producer

Hello! I'm looking for a way to get this kind of sound, I don't have a guitar (I hope one day to buy one!) and I don't know how to play it. I listened some very cool Kontakt libraries (scarbee funk guitarrist, orange tree strawberry...) but yet I'm missing something, I can't get it to sound right. Is there any more Kontakt libraries that could get closer to this? What kind of guitar do I need to get it?

Here it is the guitar sound I mean (Taken from a chromeo remix contest stem):

Guitar sound

Thanks.

3. Syntey

Syntey Noisemaker

Guitar rig or any similar plug can do it. Just get some clean guitar sound and then apply plugin on it. For example Strum GS-2

4. Pitch_Mod

Pitch_Mod Newbie

It's just a clean electric guitar sound. It sounds pretty bright, so I'm guessing it's a Stratocaster or something similar, although it could just as easily be something else EQ'd that way. It sounds like there's a tiny bit of reverb and maybe a short delay on it too.

I wouldn't use Strum GS-2, because, as far as I know, it only makes acoustic guitar sounds. The older Strum Electric GS-1 might work if you can find it, but I think it's only 32-bit. The good news is: that clip is really basic and mostly consists of simple down-strokes, so you won't need a fancy sample collection that includes more complex strumming styles. Unfortunately, I don't have any sample library suggestions for you because I play the guitar and haven't ever needed one.

Best of luck!

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Strum GS-2 will soon be released with an electric guitar model. I think AAS are planning on uniting the feature sets between Strum Acoustic and Strum Electric into one package which is Strum GS-2. Also Strum Electric is available in 64-bit as well.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

^what Pitch_Mod said.
    Electric clean guitar, with single coil pickups (Stratocaster, Telecaster, etc). Compress and saturate slightly. Maybe highpass if needed.
    This is a perfect opportunity to borrow a guitar and learn a few chords. Put a capo on the 8th fret and play C, G and F. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Syntey

Syntey Noisemaker

I know, that's why I said he has to use it with something like Guitar rig. Strum has some automatic articulations, which helps imitating the real guitar.

8. shake_puig

shake_puig Producer

Thanks a lot for your responses! Really helpfull info. Looks like anything can replace a real guitar player after all, in the meantime I will check your suggestions.

9. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Some of us still think we are not really there yet.