Chrome and Firefox Block KickassTorrents Over “Harmful Programs”

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mr_Amine, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

The warning messages are triggered by Google’s “Unwanted Software” scanner which flags websites that pose a potential danger to visitors. Chrome and Firefox both use the service to prevent users from running into malicious software.
    The policy applies to all websites but torrent sites are common targets of ‘unwanted software’ distributors, according to Google.
    The company further stresses that the warnings will automatically disappear when the flagged sites no longer violate Google’s policy.
    “The site ahead contains harmful programs,” Google Chrome informs its users.
    “Attackers on kat.cr might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit),” the warning adds.
    Mozilla’s Firefox browser displays a similar message​

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

My Iceweasel v38.3.0 ESR, which is Firefox compiled by Debian developers, doesn't block KickassTorrents even though I have enabled all the security filters.

4. napgiver

napgiver Noisemaker

Update: The KAT team informs us that the bad advertiser has been removed, so the warning should disappear after Google reviews it

5. PatrickKn

PatrickKn Member

Yeah, stuff like this typically happens because of malicious leaks in ad softwares.

6. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

it's a common problem with rogue adverts, it's happened on AZ/AS as well in the past

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Yep, but if you click 'details', you are presented the option to visit the site if you understand the security risks.

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

I got that sign over a year ago when i tried to enter Avax and i just clicked on a place on the signand thicked a box and it open up the website.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

why do you use kickasstorrents? the page really became a mess and the overpoluted it with ads.
    why not use rutracker? almost ads free, russian people always seed like crazy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

for me i don't use torrent at all , i even deleted my account there years ago
    i just want members to be careful cause a lot of people could be infected by the alternative of KAT
    i stop using torrent many years ago cause i have fast internet
    yes rutracker is perfect , i advise people to not use public torrents it's not trustworthy

and for ads you can use Adblock plus and you are free from all this

NOTE : ArticStorm :mates: your signature is awesome and i love it so much lol :shalom:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  11. eskimoz

eskimoz Member

its kickass of facebook?? its a torrent site or torrent geat info about users site?

anyway its a spot with alot of anti-p2p and hackers, we just say a few words over a mount and became super user, then we say a bit more and we are a mod, no control wat so ever, so that means the core team is not wat you really think it is, of course there are some good fellows but see clearly the words and advices from all of them.
    even in their forum they advice people to use trackers that say they (the trackers) share info to third party.
    they say to use a bounch of AV's well know as anti-p2p and lots of anti-malware, well we all know if we get something from untrusted source the AV, AM dont do anything, and wend it does you are infected more then mounts.
    there are some public torrent sites that actualy say and teach how too do stuff to their members.

for new folks on fileshare i trully advice to stay way from kickass!

audioz
    rutracker
    ruboard
    1337x
    p2p distros
    audionews
    ipt

of course there is alot of trusted sources that's the ones that i use

12. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I use kickass for proper tagged videos like yify, etc then I can download proper subtitels.

Just use brains, like always on the world wide web :bleh:

13. DJSabreblade

DJSabreblade Ultrasonic

its easier to upload stuff to ka. i have no clue how to upload anything to rutracker. yes we all love rutracker etc.. but ka still serves a unique purpose. even piratebay is still kinda going..although its kind of like a gas station in a desert.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

never really had any issues with KA, (but haven't visited it for a while), but it does appear things have changed over there (as well as)

15. eskimoz

eskimoz Member

dont use that, was sold! the dev sold the app.. please use ublock origins

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

AdBlock was sold, not Adblock Plus. But, it will participate in the "Acceptable Ads" program which belongs to Eyeo (AdBlock Plus owner). Of course, you can always switch to something else like uBlock or Ghostery if you are against the practice of the "Acceptable Ads" program.

17. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I use KAT in a similar way I use AZ. I like how it's organized in English. When I know what to get, if it's hard for some reason in AZ (slow mirrors) or KAT (bad seed/leech ratio) I try RUT.

Yeah, it's incredible how russian people seed. I was a direct downloader guy, but man, RUT is ike the best of both worlds.

18. eskimoz

eskimoz Member

was sold too, to the same company (wierd)!! lol use disconnect