Christmas of 2049 - Spyfx [AudioSEXChristmas] album

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by spyfx, Nov 6, 2017.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

this is a work in progress for @Andrew 's AudioSEXChristmas album & a first idea.
    Andrew asked us : what Christmas or Christmas season means to you.
    To me it is always a magical time of the year as something in the "atmosphere" of everything changes in a positive way.For me it means time spent with family & beloved friends(also buying some new music gear awesome offers /sales happen this time of the year.
    It is the first night here in California that is cold outside and reminds me that winter is coming.
    Time to chill out,so i created a chill out kind of vibe on this,this is not my final submission...i'm working also on the cover artwork & another track more cinematic called 'Christmas of 2049'
    What do you guys think ? your help & thoughts are much appreciated as always thanks ! :bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  3. spyfx

spyfx Guest

.vid is online :keys:

4. Beth

Beth Guest

upload_2017-11-6_9-23-21.gif :like:

5. spyfx

spyfx Guest

this is my second work in progress for @Andrew 's AudioSEXChristmas album
    A more cinematic/filmscore track of what a Christmas of the future might be...
    This track is 'Christmas of 2049'
    What do you guys think ? your help/input & thoughts are much appreciated as always thanks ! :bow:
    Christmas of 2049' or Christmas S t a r ? which track you think will fit better the AudioSEXChristmas album ?

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Some very individual impressions, some measuring:
    Christmas Star: nice, I like it. Peak seems to be at 0,0dbFS should be lower (~ -0,3) to prevent ISP. I would lower the finger snaps and these and the bd could be fuller and warmer. As it's getting colder outside we will need some warmth in the music. And ~ 5bpm less would be more relaxing.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

cont.:
    Christmas of 2049: more interesting than the first, more special. Basically I like the sounds but again, despite the bass, they lack warmth to me. Surprising but nonetheless well made drums at the end. Peak again is at 0,0 and there are some phase issues.

Both versions are mastered levelwise and I'm not sure/can't remember if this is appreciated for the album.

Edit:
    And both have a significant lack of sleigh bells! Where are the sleigh bells? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  8. spyfx

spyfx Guest

i agree,thanks for your thoughts my friend,really appreciate it,the finger snaps are way up,-5bpm is an interesting idea,thanks for your input :bow:

9. spyfx

spyfx Guest

once again thanks for your thoughts :wink: :bow:,sleigh bells? [​IMG] you say ? idk my friend :yes:,but here are some jingle bells !