Christmas of 2049 - Spyfx [AudioSEXChristmas] album mk2

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by spyfx, Nov 24, 2017.

1. spyfx

spyfx Guest

this is a work in progress for @Andrew 's AudioSEXChristmas album
    Andrew asked us : what Christmas or Christmas season means to you.
    To me it is always a magical time of the year as something in the "atmosphere" of everything changes in a positive way.For me it means time spent with family & beloved friends(also buying some new music gear awesome offers /sales happen this time of the year.)
    this is my second work in progress for the AudioSEXChristmas album
    A more cinematic/filmscore track of what a Christmas of the future might be...
    This track is 'Christmas of 2049' mk2 version.
    What do you guys think ? your help/input & thoughts are much appreciated as always thanks ! :bow:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I'm somehow missing that in your track :hahaha:
    The terrifying intro will definitely keep the scary ones from pillaging their xmas presents [​IMG]

But I like this track :wink:. Well done. Selective choosen and produced sounds.

I would shorten the gap between intro and song by 2 seconds.
    The part change at 2:32 seems too abrupt. I would suggest a transition effect, a short fade in or an earlier low introduction of the synth pad.
    The fast high percussive like sounds would benefit from some slighty dynamic movement. Be it a filter, the volume, pan or reverb amount (front <-> back). I also would fade them out (everytime) and not just stop them. They should at least vary at 3:22 and after that short transition at 3:26 again. But to be honest I would cut that short part from 3:26 to 3:34 completely out.
    And maybe some variations in "timpani" velocity.

4. Beth

Beth Guest

Very cinematic ! Very film score ! Especially that intro :) sounds really well produced to me too. Great track :like:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Agree with @Beth, intro is well done, sounds good as well.
    The problem is once you introduce the drum beat, sounds poorly executed compared to the intro. Change the reverberated snare with a dry one and choose a different sample that cuts trough nicer, bring it closer, since everything else is reverberated having everything so distant makes also the listener less interested, by bringing the snare forward you get a tighter sounding mix that doesnt get drowned in reverb and pads.

6. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thanks for listening No Avenger,your thoughts & time writing all this,i always listen ! it is much appreciated my friend ! :bow:

7. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thanks for listening Beth & your thoughts,i really appreciate it,i really love your artwork for the Christmas album ! thank you :bow:

8. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thanks for listening & your input/thoughts my friend ! i will try everything you said ! quality words from a quality fellow member,thanks Von RESPECT :bow:

9. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Very very good indeed.:wink: I liked it a lot. As a suggestion, I would add more longer reverb on the intros drum sound to give it even more depth.

10. spyfx

spyfx Guest

thanks for listening Legotron & your input,i really appreciate it :bow:

11. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

:like::like::like:

12. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Very futuristic track, sounds almost like a trailer, good job :like: :break:

13. spyfx

spyfx Guest

:bow: