chords from melody...any fast way?

Discussion in 'Software' started by samsome, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Just more midi helpers:
    Chordjam
    Instacomposer
    Midi madness

Try to play with them, hope this helps :thumbsup:

2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Yeah but calculus, differetials, integrals is a bit more then arithmatic. You won't get a mathmatician with arithmetic.
    Nor will you be a Musician with only C maj Scale plus Music history (plus music history. that was it more or less we were teached in school in my generation)
    My children never have had any music in school. Not enough music teachers here.

3. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

The best musical education is playing with other musicians and performing in front of people. You can do this with a rudimentary knowledge of music and you can/will learn the theory at the same time as learning the songs. It's very rewarding and you might even make some money (sorry, couldn't resist throwing a joke in).

4. reignerrr

reignerrr Ultrasonic

learn some, lazy ass

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Young people should be given the opportunity to come into contact with music of all kinds. And if the young person wants to learn an instrument, he should be given support. Experience has shown that children have more access to music when their parents are also interested in music. People googled the rest of the story.

6. Riviera

Riviera Member

There are two major types of music:
    • Instrumental Music (or Vocal)
    • DAW Music
    If OP's goal is instrumental music (wants to be an instrumentalist), he has no choice but to look at music with a more serious view. But if his goal is to sit on a studio chair, he doesn't require serious vision. He can press the keys randomly and save them whenever he likes.

In general, it's all about the studio chair. If you sit on it, you don't have to bother too much. The studio chair is the power chair. If you sit on it, you don't even have to think because powerful people don't think much and only enjoy life.

0.jpg

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I see it differently, the two types are:

1. Music that exists inside of you.
    2. Music that exists in an external physical form.

The problem is how do you get from the one to the other? I believe it doesn't really matter, as long as you can translate your ideas into a physical format.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Play the chords and then play something on midi controller, just play around.

9. Riviera

Riviera Member

That's an interesting explanation, but it works when you're dealing only with 7 notes, and you're not worried about which one of those notes you're pressing. This is why 99% of music producers love 7-note music.:winker:

10. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

Advanced Studio Chair Synergy for the Faux Musician
    Professor Riviera Foster-Dischord

Can you please ask your chair how many notes is correct, 'cos i'm a bit worried i might be using the wrong amount. If you can also ask the chair the best key & scale to be clever in, that'd be really helpful too!

EDIT: If you think that throwing every ingredient into the pan will make the food taste better (i.e. more notes makes for 'better' music/song), i can see why you really have got a problem with music and musicians.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Riviera

Riviera Member

Why to ask a question and know the answer? For using the answer somewhere or to make something by knowing it.

Right now, producers' biggest ambitions are to find their own voices in today's music world. Unfortunately or fortunately, the only way to find their voices is to produce new things in fashion. Again, unfortunately or fortunately, fashionable is not the use of notes and chords. Today's world is a world of strange and new styles, not music in its old sense.

Today, fashion emphasizes the use of rhythm and vocals and not in the way we may presume. In fashionable fashion, 2 things are annoying: 1- Notes, 2- Chords , and producers try not to use the notes and chords in their works as much as they can, and they allow them to be used only to create effects.

In terms of fashionable, notes and chords are two elements of the past. When they're using notes and chords, it's like they're going backwards, which strongly opposes fashion.

Listen to this music. Where can you find notes and chords in it (by the old definition of note and chord, you know)? If OP wants to make something like this, what's the point of this thread's information?

Attached Files:

• 1.mp3
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  12. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

1. It's a piece of music that I personally don't particularly like - so I guess we agree so far.
    But as for your insanely ignorant suggestion that there are no notes! - that's the dumbest thing I've heard in ages - even from you! - and by the way the definition (old? or new?) of notes and chords is 'same as it ever was'.

2. Anyone with half a brain can hear notes everywhere - vocal melody, bass line, some voxy-synth(ish) harmony in latter part.
    Look beneath the surface and you'll find a chord progression.
    But I guess your prejudice and ignorance and dumb arrogance makes it impossible for you to hear ANY of that.

It's a very simple song, so even someone as ignorant as you ought to be able to analyse it.
    So that's your homework TROLL. ANALYSE IT
    Show us that you do actually know what's being played.
    Show us that you have even the faintest idea what you're talking about.
    ONLY THEN will you be in a fit state to tell anyone what is there and what you think is missing.

Otherwise just say "I don't like it" (fair enough)
    and then please crawl back into whatever pit of ignorance you crawled out of.

No crappy excuses now - analyse it or confirm your ignorance to everyone here that already knows it!
    and when you fail - as you will - then do us all a favour and stop pouring garbage into the forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Riviera

Riviera Member

It's really funny you didn't get the main point of my post. Instead of these speeches that are full of defamation, you'd better think more about what I said, you, whose brain is prominently visible in that avatar.

14. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Audiosex

Both are kind of inseparable though, also hearing is not the same as listening - who can hear a melody and immediately name the solfege syllables?

15. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Not me - unless it's fairly simple - I rely on a chordal instrument to disambiguate what I hear.

16. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

So as predicted - immediate evasion from the TROLL! :rofl:

The OP asked "how to form the chords" A useful part of any answer would suggest "being able to identify chords".
    Purely as a vehicle for you to pour your bile over modern music, you chose a song you don't like, a song you want to accuse of being inferior, and accused of it having no notes, and no chords.
    AND THAT'S TOTALLY WRONG AND TOTALLY STUPID!
    The intro to that song (less than 10 seconds) has enough unambiguous information to identify chords and a key signature.
    So @Riviera Foster Troll - YOU TELL US - "what are those chords?" - "what is the key?" and "how do YOU know?"
    But of course YOU DON'T KNOW! - because you are clueless!
    and that means everything you say is of no practical value to the OP or anyone else!

No more evasion TROLL - just analyse the first 10 seconds of that song.
    YOU WON'T - because YOU CAN'T - because YOU ARE CLUELESS! :bleh:

17. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Well, I could be wrong but to me the key is Cmin.
    You can hear some piano Cmin chord too, though I don't hear clear background chords except at the end, maybe a descending progression Cmin, Bb, Ab6, G7 or Bdim or G7 1th inv.
    Any backup will be welcome.:mates:

BTW the term 7 notes is misleading: western traditional scales have 7 degrees, and 12 notes.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  18. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

@orbitbooster you must be fantasising - The guru Riviera says there are no chords - and not even any notes!
    But now you've shown there ARE chords after all. He was challenged to find them but we knew he couldn't.
    So, c'mon - you can tell us - how much did Riviera bribe you to relieve him from his embarrassing display of ignorance. :winker:

19. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Sorry to have spoiled, but...
    You'll never know!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. Riviera

Riviera Member

@Ad Heesive
    It's really hard to explain to someone who has a different interpretation of your words. But I have no choice, I have to explain.

When I say there's no note and no chord, I don't mean some notes and chords can't be detected. It's got the name of the music on itself, and has to be found some notes in it. I mean, the notes and the chords are not used in it in their original senses, and they're mostly used to fill the space and to reinforce the rhythm and vocal.

I hope you're convinced, but it doesn't look like. Recognizing the names of some notes that the producer has put in his work for no particular purpose and only by chance doesn't represent musical experience.