Chilled vocal thing fixed? Let me know please.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by tooloud, Jul 24, 2017.

1. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Haven't done this for a long time. First track like this in 25 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Deleted.:bow: :mates:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  4. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

Sounds way too thin and the stereo image is somehow fucked up, as if filtered through a yogurt cup. Wouldn't mind slowing it down even more and building some nu-dub stuff around the vocals.

5. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Agreed. It stinks. Not something I should have attempted at my age. I don't even know what nu dub is!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Never mind my friend. It's one of the garbage been born out of the experimentation of the half-witted and indolent freaks for their car systems to spring up&down to facilitate the sex actions.

7. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

Tooloud, please don't get me wrong and sorry for focusing on the negative. This project has lotsa potential, it does not stink by any means, but it just "ain't there yet". I like the form and structure and the vocals do deliver, but somehow You've made it sound weird (overdone midside mastering?) with no real frame (subbass feels empty), but I totally see it going like in a Seven Lions from 2013 way. Needs more fat and definition imo. Or just go with it in a Telefon Tel Aviv way.

Gimme a shout if You'd like me to sketch a mix of what I feel it could sound like.

PS Nu-dub, as in future-dub - like modern fx, twists and growls but kept muddy and dark.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  8. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

@tooloud no offence but it's not Trance and trance can't be chilled. The track is ok you need to finish it but not enough energy in it to call it a trance.

9. saltwater

saltwater Guest

its messed up, too much panning/weird sides, the whole things doesn't "come" together.
    i see potential and like it, thanks for sharing :)

maybe you could go somewhat in this direction:

10. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

First impression sound wise, it is way to bright

11. SHIHORON0118

SHIHORON0118 Newbie

more pads!

12. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Thanks for your feedback. I'll have another look at it today with all suggestions in mind. I'm not making a serious attempt to return to the world of "music that you can dance to"..... I don't even know what modern EDM sounds like. I'm turning 60 this year and this track was mainly to check out some new synths.

13. tooloud

tooloud Guest

""

14. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Please let me know if this has improved on yesterday's version. It was very top heavy due to me losing hearing over 10khz plus a lovely thing called tinnitus. So I'm compensating, despite it being guesswork.

15. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Do I hear a bit of 10unknown ft Karen - Meet me on a star, in there?

16. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

I haven't heard the original thing, but this is still a touch too sizzly for me. Maybe add some low end to it.

17. TW

TW Guest

I did not hear the original. I really like it. I miss a bit of lowend. Thats probably why the highs are so obvious. A tad more lowend and lowend ooooomph copmression (punch) maybe?

18. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

Sounds a bit better. Kickdrum needs more power - either add subharmonics or layer and compress it with more samples (or add punch with transient plugins). Try to tame the bassline (lower notes aren't loud enough and higher notes resound too open) by means of filtering and leveling with a limiter maybe. The snare could be more slappy/wet aswell.

Check this track for reference (lacks a nice bassline for my taste, but kinda similar construct):

True dat!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  19. saltwater

saltwater Guest

both above 75 ;)

20. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Still trying to get more body into this. I'm grateful for all input. I know two things. My subwoofers were too loud. And my hearing is failing at high frequencies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Bloody hippies :rofl: