Cherry Audio's synths are bad

Discussion in 'Software' started by justwannadownload, Apr 17, 2022.

1. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

For sure, their weirder stuff is good, and I quite like their Vox Continental. But, really, how often do I need some reedy organ? So I don't have them for the same reasons as you.

2. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

Dude, I've got over 8 terabytes attached to my machine. Divided into about 8 partitions, each partition has about 100 gb of free space. It's all full of warez/samples/tutorial videos.

(But I run the audio stuff from a much smaller SSD drive with the OS. That drive is only 250 gig. Yes, it's the next thing in line for an upgrade.)

I do have the various UVI libraries on a regular drive. I suppose I could add an extra VST folder over there too -- but in reality, I don't use the Arturia stuff often enough to bother.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I have 1 SSD 250 GB for C./ and the libraries of Falcon, Omnisphere, Toontrack and others on 2 larger SSD. Then I have 2 normal HDD where movies and videos are on it. Then I have 1 box with Blue Ray and a 2nd PC as backup for software and more movies.
    If the internet would be switched off tomorrow we both would be fine. I have enough data and software for the next 30 years.

4. creatureofthenight

creatureofthenight Ultrasonic

Am I the only one who feels like I can point out an Arturia plugin no matter the emulation? I feel like there's always this particular character to the sound that I can never explain in words, but I can hear in all the plugins. I'll never be able to explain it. The Cherry audio stuff has been ok, but nothing I'm running to. So far nothing is beating GForce that I've used. The OBE sounds so analog, minus the effects, that I'm using it over some of my actual analog stuff. I always felt like the Minimonsta had this high end digital sizzle, so I'm not as high on that, but the Imposcar sounds great. Their 2600 emulation was miles above the Arturia 2600. I can't stand Brainworx/Plugin Alliance stuff, but the Oberhausen sounded surprisingly good too.

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Tried, ditched. That's my story with Cherry Audio. Same as Arturia.

Sticking to u-he and TAL, Korg and Roland, speaking of plugin makers. One of my favs is Reveal Sound's Spire, too. You don't need much of anything else, really. Having 100 VSTis doesn't make you a great musician, but a collector. Using-playing and knowing well 10 of them makes you a musician. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. droplet

droplet Rock Star

You've all got me curious I've just downed the whole lot.

7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

so not true I know cherry audio is going to take me to the next level. if not i've got the collection :rofl: