Check out this Aussie kid!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Demon, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Demon

Demon Producer

When I was 11 I was into cheesy horror movies (at the time they were scary) and playing outside with my friends. Check out this kid...

"It's not every day someone uploads to triple j Unearthed with 2003 as their date of birth. Meet Black Summer, possibly Australia's youngest EDM producer."

I'm not into EDM or Dubstep, so I can't judge, but I can definitely say that at 11 years old most of us were not even thinking of making music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgPZMvVmWw

Like we say in Australia... "good on ya, mate!"

I am thinking of tracking this kid and getting him to join our community. I reckon he could get very far.

3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i'm not really surprised since everyone now can get a PC and professional sample packs.
    Martin Garrix was raised in a musicians family (also Zedd) and he said that he started making at the age of 11-12 years old after 4-6 years he become good (most people think is bad) and now is in the EDM game more than anyone else.

it's funny that both Marting Garrix and this kid are using FL Studio. It's a easy and fast daw, you don't need to have experience to run it, just put the right samples at the right time.

4. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Well, he was in a suitable environment to begin with. Something tells me it's part of the "growing up faster" trend we face these days. The access to knowledge, stimuli and possibilities through the internet and computers definitely plays a part.

I believe that some day the saturation in the market will be so great that there won't really be a market of finished products anymore. Add 3-D printing and we're back to the industrial revolution. Only on a mass scale. Production + copying. The manufacturing and selling of ready-made products will be obsolete. Maybe the factory manufacturing will be done for super complex stuff. Or maybe you'll be able to just buy different "recipes" from vendors (which will of course be copied in 2 seconds). And then you'll see all of the copyright circus crumble to its feet.

5. Index

Index Producer

Electronic music production is somehow similar to playing an instrument and it's not that unusual to see kids playing guitar or piano so it was probably just a matter of time.

Judging by the name and logo of this forum you probably shouldn't :rofl:

6. Demon

Demon Producer

I'm sure he's seen worse. Don't forget this is Australia...
    :rofl:

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

This reminds me of me (when I was his age), except I was doing shitty music on an Amiga (protracker).
    Still a bit jelly, and happy for him.

8. Demon

Demon Producer

Good on you! When I was 11 I was probably eating my snots and masturbating a lot. That's about it.
    :rofl: