Check out the new beat we made "THE GENESIS" (TEASER/SNIPPET) - PROD. BY: Amani Waldron and Shaquill

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by amaniwaldron, Mar 7, 2012.

1. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

Check out the new beat we made "THE GENESIS" (TEASER/SNIPPET) - PROD. BY: Amani Waldron and Shaquille Case

http://soundcloud.com/amani-waldron/genesis-teaser-snippet-prod-by

if you get chance, try and listen to it at least once in headphones so you can hear the panning of the arps in the begging its kinda cool lol.

we didn't want to fill the beat up with to many sounds, we feel that a good artist would really make the track.

tell me what you think.

and i apologize for part of the title being in caps. i just copied the title from how i typed it on soundcloud, i was to lazy to change it to lower case.
    please don't jump on my back.

Also if anyone knows some other good sites, blogs or forms to post and share music, could you please let me know and point me in the right direction. im trying to get as much exposure on the internet as possible

3. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Pretty legit bro... Mastering skills are pretty decent! Why do people fuss about caps sooo much. its not a rule not to use the.

4. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

ay thanks bro. im supprised u think my mastering are pretty decent lol, i did it all on my laptop but i got a pretty decent interface now, i got one of those new focusrite scarlett 8i6's and some decent headphones

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Now all u need is that great Artist :thumbsup:

6. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Cool stuff.
    Seems to be some weird volume changes going on. Compression pumping too much on my headphones and monitors.

7. Torture

Torture Newbie

Good overall atmosphere and nice sounding melody parts. Im not so convinced by the drums...just my taste, but I would like the hats to be a little less prominent and not so static. And I would add some mid or high layer to the kick to give it a little bit more life and then pull it down a little bit in the mix.
    As hyem said, the volume changes every time the kick hits. Should be a matter of side chain compression and especially your compressor settings. Maybe tighten up the kick a little and lower the release time on your side chain pumping. Should do the trick imo!

8. holyshit

holyshit Newbie

Weird volume changes makes it sound crap :P

9. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

yea for sure :wink:

10. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

thanks for letting me know, ill adjust the compressor and limiter on the master track

11. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

thanks for letting me know, ill adjust the compressor and limiter on the master track

12. amaniwaldron

amaniwaldron Newbie

thanks for the feedback. and the tip bout layering up the kicks, i will do that for sure.
    and i will that look up that side chain stuff, ill probably watch some youtube videos on