Cheapest way to buy Cubase 6/7/8???

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Juvera, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

forget cubase, get reaper or studio 1 or ableton live for electronica

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

I'm pretty sure OP said that he wants Cubase. Let me know if I'm wrong

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

well, he doesn't even know which version... ; )

4. Juvera

Juvera Member

Alright guys, just ordered an Cubase 8 Pro EDU version from Amazon for around $230 (with Prime). The package it's on the way, no-one ask me out for an ID or EDU document.

Thanks everyone for the help.

5. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Nice job buddy. Good price for sure. You are going to LOVE Pro 8. I adore it. Worth every penny.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Woa! That's some deal dude! Congrats! :wink:

7. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

EDU version is the same as regular version. only difference is the licence. Full version you can result and have the licence switch to the new owner. EDU that is not possible. you can sell the EDU version but will still be registered in your name. oh and the EDU version can be registered in your name not the student ID that was used to purchase it. retailers are responsible for controlling who buys it. all updates after you buy are the regular version there are no EDU versions of updates.

8. Juvera

Juvera Member

Good to know. I don't even think would ever re-sell. WIll keep updating for life (At least for the moment), can't work enough confortable in other DAW just like Cubase. It all make sense.

9. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Well that is probably true, but when you upgrade, for example to 8.5 (which OP can do right away for free), you get FULL licence. I don't see why he coudn't sell that 8.5 licence, same as any other full licence.

10. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

ummm no, let me explain, the fact that you started off with EDU version is included in you license when you update it has nothing to do with the software and EVERYTHING to do with the licence . the license is specific to the first person who registered it and what version they registered. EDU is the full version, and when you update its also the full version your Licence is EDU, understand?

11. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Ok, maybe I am wrong (although, before I made EDU puchase I researched a lot and found out that after upgrade you are getting FULL licence, not EDU) ...so why in my eLicencer software, and on Steinberg site says 8.5 Full licence for my licence, and there is no mention of EDU version? And, if I remember corectly, when I had only ver 8 PRO, there was EDU licence.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  12. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Maybe they changed it, you will only really know if you try and sell your copy of Cubase. I have a couple friends that work at Steinberg. Its what they told me when i enquired about selling mine. mine dosent say anything about EDU either.. But i bought it as Cubase 6 and have updated all along, honestly never paid attention. but from what in told the USB dongle is coded to your name from the original Licence and when transferring ownership it goes off of this info not current software installed. Like i said made after you upgrade a few times it changes but i don't think so.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List