Cheapest way to buy Cubase 6/7/8???

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Juvera, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Juvera

Juvera Member

Hello there guys, I'm new here but not new in the Download area.

I have been saving some money to buy Cubase Pro, not Artist. And would like to know wich is the cheapest way to buy Cubase, any version since 6 or 6.5 till now it's fine. Just for considerating I'm living in America.

Hope any of you can give me some good advice, cause I've read people who bought Pro version for about $350, or even Artist for $150 and then jump out to Pro for a low-price.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

If you buy an old version(ver 6 and up) that has never been registered then you can update to the latest version for free,its called grace period.
    Ver. 6 pro would cost you around 200$ but its very hard to find.The cheapest will be your local ads,ebay is quite expensive.
    The latest EDU pro version is around 300$ though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
  4. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I got an educational copy of Pro 8 (with my cousin's employee discount at M.F.) for $165.

5. Juvera

Juvera Member

First of everything, thanks for the reply.

Theres a way you know where I can buy an EDU without requesting an license EDU permission, or something like that? Or maybe any site I could an ver. 6 for around $200? Not many people I know want to sell their Cubase license.

6. Juvera

Juvera Member

Do you know how can I get a good offer?

7. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Best Answer
    I bought the EDU ver on Amazon.de for half the full price, and no one asked me any questions. In case you don't know, EDU is basicaly full version., just for people who refuse to give full price :P

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. shomyca

shomyca Producer

maybe this?
    Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/Steinberg-Cubase-Pro-Educational-Version/dp/B00QP6CGQE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455056068&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=cubase+8+pro+edu

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I used to work in a music store and that was the only way to get such a discount as Army of Ninjas,by using your own or someone elses employee discount.
    Its impossible otherwise to get the PRO version at as such a low price.
    The only way would be if you know a student and use his proof or scholarship then you could obtain the EDU version for a lot less $.

10. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Partially true. Yep, a discount is the only way to get it THAT cheap. But the "proof of being a student" thing is left to the discretion of the seller themselves. For example, some retailers only require you have a ".edu" email address. Because I was having my cousin order it for me, that check was actually bypassed entirely. Point is, you can find a retailer that will ship you a copy without any sort of proof of being a student. Hope this helps. There is NO difference in the functionality of the two versions. The only place you can even see it is an educational license is in the eLicenser Control program. It doesn't even say "Educational" when you open the DAW itself. Great investment. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yep.Some sellers dont even demand a proof,but you never know.Even better if you buy your locar seller a six pack and im sure he will sell you the EDU version without complications.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
  12. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

Buy it used either on Craigslist or EBay. Or buy a used copy of Pro Tools and cross grade... Or offer your local dealer a bribe to sell you the edi version.

13. Juvera

Juvera Member

Really thanks to everyone who replied, will check out that EDU Version in Amazon and eBay and look who does not ask for an EDU proof.
    Crossing fingers!

14. Juvera

Juvera Member

Thank you!

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You can then later purchase a non edu upgrade for version 9 and then it will have no limitations(commercial use),but otherwise its bascially the same functionality as regular pro version.

16. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

prostitute yourself! :rofl: cheapest way to get anything! (by anything I really mean any-thing) :guru:

sry. for nothing constructive... :unsure:

17. Juvera

Juvera Member

So, does this mean I'll "always" would have to look for a EDU version in upgrades too? That would be a shame.

18. Juvera

Juvera Member

No problem!

19. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Nope. EDU copies qualify for upgrades.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Nope.

You can upgrade to 8.5 right after the purchase for free (grace period), and with that your EDU license is gone, only full stays. (Although, I repeat, EDU and FULL are basically the same.)

It's the FULL version for poor people, I am telling you :P

21. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

Im a currently a second year student in computer science; let me buy for you guys. 20 dollars per transaction.:rofl::disco::wink: