Cheaper DX Talkbox synth,possibly...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Levitate, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Hello all,I recently came across some DX talkbox patches and just so happened to have a Yamaha FB-01 lying around so I downloaded TX/DX Convert and spent an hr getting python to work,I managed to convert them and they load,however I have not tried them yet,but I will in a bit and let everyone know.

The reason it's super exciting is supposedly you can't get these to load on the FB-01 but I guess no one used TX/DX Convert.If this works this means no having to buy a super expensive DX100,DX7,DX21,or even the cheap TX.The FB-01 is like half the price of the TX.They are almost all the same synth. I've seen folks selling these patches on ebay. These are free patches.

Zapp and Roger,C is C patch and others. I share.Enjoy! Also putting the DX link too for DX100,DX7,FM8,etc.
    Enjoy!

DX100/21 .syx: http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/Brmh67EH/file.html

Converted for FB-01: http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/UB6SC20z/file.html

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. Levitate

Levitate Producer

4. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

I play the talkbox too :) I tried the C is C patch with FM7 or 8, and to be honest I weren't really digging it. Doesn't work well with the Banshee 2. One of my buddies has the Dunlop thing with the transparent tube. Works well there, much more clarity in the bottom spectrum. I speculate it's because the tube is wider. I think when it comes to talkboxing, what talkbox you are using is much more important than the patch itself (assuming you know what you're doing). If you look at all the pro's, they usually have made their own talkboxes :)

5. The patch is secondary to the box itself. I've made mention of this before...try not to to put too loud a signal into your mouth by way of the tube. I loosened a filling from the vibration and needed to have it replaced at the dentist.