cheap studio monitors

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Floyd, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JM6996

JM6996 Rock Star

@Floyd
    JBL's 305 are good and not expensive at all and if you ever need headphones for tracking, you can take a look at Audio Technica ATH M50X or ATH M40X (I use both of them for tracking and I prefer the ATHM40X because it has a flat response)

2. johndoehizzle

johndoehizzle Kapellmeister

didint mean it in a bad way.apologies for that. i've been there...try looking into presonus eris e8 monitors . bang for your buck. might want to get the presonus temblor t10 subwoofer too. with that you'll be set for days :)

@Floyd

3. Floyd

Floyd Member

Thanks for the tip

Thanks brother will look into it

4. tun

tun Rock Star

why would you need to soundproof your room? dont you want the neighbours hearing how great your monitors sound? :D

5. tun

tun Rock Star

seriously, dont waste your time trying to soundproof your room. A - it wont work unless you have hundreds of thousands of spare cash. B - it is not necessary and will not improve sound quality.

look into acoustic treatment (bass traps, acoustic panels, diffusors etc). that is what you need. but a perfectly treated room is useless with no speakers in it. i would worry about getting some speakers first so you can get going, then worry about room treatment over time.

6. tun

tun Rock Star

the grammys are a circle jerk for the rich. those tracks were not mixed on NS-10s, only referenced.