Cheap Cubase 8 Pro offer

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Von_Steyr, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

My cousin works for a retailer and got me a discount on an Educational copy of Pro 8 for $165. If you know someone with an employee discount at a music store you can get a copy very cheaply this way. If you don't, maybe make friends lol. Offer them a six pack or something haha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yes i remember your story about how you obtained it.Though unfortunately 95% of people dont have such connections so 212 euros is a great offer for those :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Yes. That is a very good deal. It works out to about $240 US dollars. Such a great DAW, by the way. I've been totally satisfied with it thus far.

On a side note: there are a lot of music stores and call centers for music retailers, etc where I live. So there may be more opportunities here for discounted equipment. Happy bargain hunting everyone! My only advice is: get the DAW. I really enjoy working with Cubase and 8+ has been super stable for me. Great performance, etc. Just a great experience in general.

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Happy user here as well.Im really looking forward to version 9.

7. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Yeah I've been a Cubaser since v5. Definitely gonna upgrade to v9. Oh and EDU copies are upgradeable. So I can get the cheap price for that too! :)

8. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Great offer, just £168, but not timely for me :(. Thanks for letting us know though :like:

9. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I managed to purchase an educational version of Cubase 4 years ago through Guitar Center. Around that time, they had a big "we'll match any price" offer so I went online and found the pricing of an educational copy, printed out the screengrab and brought it in on a whim. Surprisingly enough, they matched it. The guy didn't even ask for proof to verify if I was a student (which I wasn't), and I walked out of the store with a Cubase 4 for the amazingly low price of $199.99. I've managed to pay for an upgrade to the newest version of Cubase with every release ever since. I still look back at that moment and wonder if I was just lucky or if the markup on Cubase really is that high that stores can afford to sell software at what I would consider reasonable pricing. Seems a bit illogical to have such a high price point for software at $549 but I guess if you can get someone to pay for it, more power to you.

10. TranceDarker

TranceDarker Member

please check your inbox

11. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

I have Cubase artist 8.5 . The only think i miss is the audio pitch editor.

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

13. TheEnForcer

TheEnForcer Member

I found a better offer (8.5 Pro with free update = 460,00 €).
    If you install it, you´ll get also current updates and an update to version 9.
    Steinberg often give free updates to major versions if people bought a lower version months ago
    befor the newer release came out or so. I bought Cubase Pro within the the "free update period time to major version" and got the next major version for free.
    People think that this is senseless and better if someone buy the full "new" version, but in my view it is good if you have any problems with the new version. If you buy 9 and have some problems, it is bad. If you buy 8.5 with the free update to version 9, you can everytime change to the bought minor version 8.5. That is the point. And trying before buying isn´t possible, because Steinberg release demo versions months after the final release. I can´t understand why some companies release demo versions delayed. This is stupid and senseless.

14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Not exactly my friend.
    When you buy the latest version/license, you can download their older and install them.The lastest license unlocks older pro versions as well.
    As long as you use them on the same computer.

15. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

I've heard nothing but great things about Cubase.
    I checked it out on Sweetwater and even for 514 it doesn't seem bad.Of course if i can find it cheaper,that won't hurt.
    M only question is...........does it run on the dongle/elicencer?

16. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Dongle needs to be inserted into the usb port and it only contains the license/s you own.
    The actual software runs from your hdd.

18. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

19. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah, especially considering that you can easily get by without any of the features that the Pro upgrade grants if you have to, as long as you can keep your track count under 64. AFAIK the only Pro-exclusive feature that I've used thus far is VariAudio. And the multiband dynamics but that was just to try it out. That can be easily substituted with Fabfilter/Izotope/whatever

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Also many mixer options are missing.Limited track count and limited instrument tracks, no vca faders, no mixconvert,no control room also import tracks from other projects is not available.

21. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

You can make a pretty easy workaround for VCA faders by setting up a bus and either automating a plugin's output and using the fader for static volume adjustments or vice versa. It's nice to have, but not essential. Control room I haven't used yet, so I guess I can't really offer an opinion there, but it seems like it could be useful. Import tracks is a nice feature though. The ability to drag tracks, presets, clips, etc. from other projects is a staple in Ableton. Nice to be able to use it when I dip my feet in producing with Cubase.