Change of staff, Releases and some other explanations

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by SAiNT, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

strange to read about all of that... to me, from the outside, Catalyst seemed like a good moderator :dunno:
    We often disagreed on a lot of topics, but I never experienced threats, bans or deleted posts from him... after some polite lines of disagreement, we moved to other discussions. :unsure:

no comment;
    wish a good time to everyone:chilling:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

For me it's a fact AZ will remain the best site of its kind. I don't say it lightly. I'm not young and I have experience in many audio warez forums.

Perhaps it's because of this that I got annoyed with these kind of problems for the first time in a long while. It really took me by surprise that this stuff happened in AZ.

One week VIP members (including mods) downvoting and making fun of an user who just used the request section correctly. "hey newbie, scene groups doesn't care at all about software requests".

Next week the wrath of VIP members (several the same): "shame on you requesters! you killed R2R, the scene and JFK". Ok, I've dramatized it, I added the R2R thing.. I mean the JFK one... :Þ

Someone removed the few posts I wrote about the subject so I decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm glad this is over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Im sorry but I have more to say, its that kind of attitude right there you displayed that is one aspect of this stinky scene, you think people who put in all the work & provide owe you nothing & is no real special privilege.

Atleast a tight nit internal crew would actually consist of producers, & could treat each other & feel motivated again.
    And no not everything gets released immediately, there is certainly room to enjoy products without providing it to the wannabe's.

Hows the newest versions of cytomic the glue and the drop sound ? plus many others....

I also just want to throw in there that your one the users I don't really fancy, everything comment I read from you when skipping the forum is borderline stupid.

dude its pretty simple that catalyst just got fed up with all the rubbish that goes on in this scene, I really can't blame him lol. If I was in his previous position you would all know what true wrath is all about.

always get a giggle from this place & how ridiculous it is.

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess I must be stupid then, it certainly takes one to know one.
    There are plenty of other locations that provide releases before AZ get hold of them, as I said they eventually get released into the open so who cares if a small group get to play a month or 2 before eveyone else, I certainly don't. I didn't ask to be given certain privileges here that others couldn't, and I didn't really take much notice of them anyways, haven't got a clue about newest versions of cytomic, et al . . . etc, you know more about interenal releases then me, I definitely must be stupid?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

He was not the only one doing this...

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's one of the points of warez sites like AZ, the users don't need to worry about scene problems. And the main problem with Cat.

From your comments it seems you do worry, so perhaps your giggles are from frustration, like a soccer player when he gets expelled.

Anyway, if this site is ridiculous I can tell it's the less ridiculous one of its kind hands down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. farao

farao Rock Star

Ad hominem attacks and true wrath eh... well, lucky for everyone that you're not a moderator at Audioz then i guess. And all this bad mouthing and bashing about how bad it is here? Tell me, Mark, exactly what do you think is so ridiculous about this place? I'd really like to know.

8. farao

farao Rock Star

Nah, not very likely in my opinion. Maybe just a technical problem on your part.

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I got " what a nerve ! " I guess I'll wear my nerve as a badge for a while...

10. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Like many i'm sorry to see all this mess happening now. I had nothing to complain regarding Catalyst. He's always been both courteous and helpful to me.
    Thanks to Saint for all the explanation but this only concerns the members that have reasons to complain. This is not my case thus i will not join the killing dog pack.
    So my guess is live and let live.

11. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

Exactly. HY2ROG3N seems like an ok guy to me. He releases some nice products, and even if some of them don't work properly, I am thankful for the sentiment of sharing and trying-before-buying he tries to spread. I really could not understand the hate he was receiving over at audioz. It's not like R2R's releases work flawlessly all the time either. I hope he knows that even though there are overly vocal jerks out there, there are also people who appreciate what he is doing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

I waited 90 days so my account could be removed from the other site. I couldn't stand all the negativety on the site and out of nowhere full blown attacks on other members. One person breaks the rules then immidiately and often no less than 20 replies bashing and spewing negativiety results. Often and out of no where personal attacks - and very often from the user discussed in this thread. Bits where I couldn't see any justification in it and since he is the mod, no point in arguing -- he just wins. I'd think maybe a large part of the afformentioned behavior is a result of him setting such an unbalanced precednt resulting in a bewildering number of personal attacks -- being reward with up votes!!! Such a thing is 2000 percent more disruptive than the often innocent request in threads. Makes no sense. Yes, follow rules and site runs smoother, but break them and the site falls into disaster?

I don't like ganging up on the guy, maybe he read and want to change -- be more patient and have more faith in humanity. Lets see how the site recovers maybe?

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

cat is still a resident here.. and i suspect he is very much alive and well ( or something like that )

14. eskimoz

eskimoz Member

i remenber the first and only pm i recived from you SAiNT.. ....WELCOME BACK!!! :mates:

15. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

Thank you Saint!

16. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

It's amazing that some here are 'still' trying to separate the "chaff from the wheat" with continued talk and references about "Internal" releases for the chosen few. Fine. So, why not just create a totally "underground", wholly non-public place where that can happen? If I had access to this "goldmine" of unreleased, "scene" stuff, I would not give a hint nor blurb about it. It's like a kid bragging about the great pair of sneakers he has in his attic, and then refuses to show them to his buddies. Nonetheless, you can't miss what you can't have (or can't 'git'), eh?

17. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Well, it seems I'm late to the party. That was a long post, but worth reading. Saint, I don't know you bro, but you are a good man. It's sad to hear about Cat and what he could have been involved in. I liked the guy. Sad to be disappointed in this way. Thank you for taking the time to fill us all in Saint. You're still the man. Thank you for what you do. Despite it all, thanks to Cat for his efforts and dedication as well. I appreciate you both.

Btw: I wouldn't choose any other site than audioz and audiosex! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Hoggsfeller1

Hoggsfeller1 Ultrasonic

Thank you SAiNT for your dilligence and decorum in handling this difficult situation. This is how a mod is supposed to act.
    Peace to all!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

SAiNT and Catalyst have completely opposite views about warez.
    While SAiNT want them to be free and open for all, catalyst wants them to be internal/restricted..
    It was only a matter of time before their views collided. But as SAiNT is the creator of the site catalyst has to go..
    I am a supporter of SAiNT's view. Because at the end of the day that is what warez/piracy is all about.. While cat's views are developer friendly it's still about warez, only in a more restricted private way. At this day and age if you find hard and you are at the right places, you will eventually get hold of the supposedly 'internal/secret' things..
    Anyway, it's the open for all philosophy that made SAiNT's sites so popular and it's his decision how he runs this great site.. And i wish him the best..
    And also to cat, who i think is a great organizer, i wish the best..

20. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

alot or many people talking about internal or user shares , and you can see that they are pissed off that they could not get something for free , but on the other hand alot or many of those people dont have or share anything , just they want (majority) . that what the audiowarez has gone into . if a group decided to go internal and out of public releases they gots bashed because user cant get anything for free anymore .

thats the reality you can see most of the time

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List