change from legal orginal cubase 4.5 to cubase 5 Air ??

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by pjotr41, Mar 21, 2012.

1. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

hello

i will try to change my system from legal orginal cubase 4.5 to cubase 5 Air

does it work or not on the same device

the problem is that with the orginal cubase 4.5 only the AIR cracked stuff is 100% working, stuff from assign, dynamics and more older teams, only crash my system

and i dont understand why so many people use assign, dynamics when it dont works, or it only dont work with orginal cubase ?, that s the reason i want to try cubase 5 from air

anyone knows where to find the full ISO ??

3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

first of all, i'd recommend you to remove the one Cubase you have right now, and then do the update to cracked version.

I went from legit Cubase 4 Student Edition to Cubase 5 AiR, but that was a long time ago...

4. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

when i install cubase 5 air on my existing workstation with cubase 4.5 at the moment,

to try everyting out, does it works? before I deinstall cubase 4.5 and install cubase 5

any chance of reup cubase 5 air iso with all updates, i cant find it anywhere

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Pjotr41,

Why you don't try to find and use the 'Portable Edition' of Cubase 5 ?

I know it exists and it's, of course, very weighted compared to the Full original one.
    It must weights about 300-400 MB (if I well remember, or even less !) and comes with a lot of VST Plugins included (mainly dynamics processors as compressors, EQs, tape saturators,...).

The list is huge and impressive, just check the following snapshot :
    http://i.imgur.com/cfIC4.jpg
    At least 97 % of the content is present in the mentioned 'Portable Edition', I just added some afterwards.

...and as it's a Mobile Edition... you guess that you can have it in your pocket within your USB Key ! :dancing: :wink:

6. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

and whats the different between portable edition and the full cubase ?

7. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

Ohh i'd never ever use any portable edition

8. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

The Portable or Mobile Edition of an application (no matter which one) is by definition a reduced version (lightweighted) of its original counterpart.
    In principle, it contains a single .exe (executable PC) and acts exactly as a Standalone Version of the desired application. This way you can place it in an USB Key and have it with you everywhere, hence the name of 'Portable' or 'Mobile' edition.
    In the case of such programs as Cubase 5,... you can guess that it don't contains all the libraries that are included in the Full Cubase 5 Edition DVD. The same rules applies with other DAWs also available in Mobile or Portable Edition as Sonar X1, Reaper,... only the main program (.exe) and some small files (if needed) are included.

The big advantage of these Portable Editions is that you can easily launch them and work with in any computer. Of course, the host computer must meet the requirements of the Mobile Edition (If it was done under Win7, maybe it will don't work properly under XP; if the application requires powerful CPU resources and large RAM, it won't even be launched on old PC,... ).​