Change articulation after recording (MIDI)

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by FWRG, Sep 8, 2021.

1. FWRG

FWRG Noisemaker

Hey guys, ill try to explain my issue as simple as possible. Im sure it is something easy but i cant for the love of god figure it out.

So, i have a violin lets say (from the Kontakt Factory Library) which i have recorded with the STACCATO type of playing (CC assigned to C0). Now, at some point i would like it to play in SUSTAIN (CC assigned to D#).
    Problem is, if i put the correct CC on the midi track (C0 and D#) unless i hold the button, it does nothing! Its infuriating. Hope you guys can help.

I could avoid this by having two tracks, but i think there must be a way around this! Now, if i record it from the beginning and press the right CC to change the articulation, it works just fine, so what gives??

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if I understand your problem. You want to change the recorded audio file by adding a MIDI note??? That doesn't work. The solution is simply
    You just have to render it again.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think I get what you're saying.
    If you start in the staccato part but after the stac. articulation Keyswitch (CC in your words) it dosen't play the correct stac. articulation Keyswitch.
    This is a known problem because VSTi's can't know previous or future notes. No solution unless you have an articulation manager integrated in the DAW (Studio One, Cubase).

Is this what you are asking?

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

It's because the cc keyswitches aren't set to latch. Whatever the lib is, I don't know.
    = non-latching ks.
    This is library dependant, not daw dependant.

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Okay, so @Xupito is implying via ratings that Reaper is so poor that it will demasculinate a Kontakt library's settings and change a latching keyswitch to be seen as non-latching!? What a great daw. hehe.
    Yes, I am acting facetious deliberately!