Chains n Thangsz?!?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by NeverenoghFun, Jul 19, 2019.

1. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Sorry if this is in wrong topic Could have gone a few ways.

So yesterday I got my GA Pre 73 Mark 3 dialed her in (absolutely love it)
    Now it's time for me to decide on a Vocal chain so I Can record my cuts for the album.

Over the past few months while producing and writing the album I have been demo and one month subbing various plugin companies. Im pretty sure i hit them all, Some I liked, Some i couldn't grasp, etc etc.

I do realize you would have to be sitting here with me to give me a accurate guess at a good chain but this is just for fun and to make spark up some of the plugins I may have tried and forgotten or completely missed.

As of rite now the only think I know is im using the Fab Filter DS and my Pre amp does a very good job at the initial Frequency cuts.
    So im looking for 2 compressor and a EQ

*Forgot to mention this is of course a Rap/Hip Hop album.. Im a white kid from the burbs what do you ecept*

Some of my favorites have been
    Slate VMR <superfav>
    Fab filter Q3
    Soundtoys all of it
    Waves CLA3
    SSL Saturator
    SSL Vocal strip
    abbey road chambers
    Vallhalla

Try to keep this to Vocal chain plugins only. Let me know some of your favorite and maybe some of the features besides obviously the sound that brought you to using that plug.

Have fun, spark conversation, Create, Collaborate