CFA-Sound Supersaw OSC - Roland Emulation - Free!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Jan 17, 2015.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Everyone who produces electronic music knows the infamous Supersaw of the Roland JP8000/8080, and even it`s a relatively old synthesizer this specific waveform or better sayed oscillator mode is still used and wanted. Also for myself, but more in terms of discovering how it works and how to emulate it. During the last year, i worked on a small emulation of it as little side project for fun & learning primary, and well here it is, the current result. It`s not final, and surely in some specific areas not 100% like original but very close based on the comparision to the real one and the specs.

CFA-Sound Supersaw OSC V 0.17

The current build version (v0.15) is pretty close to the original in the mix and detune behaviour but the pure waveform wth it`s own air-like touch isn`t exactly on that level as wanted, but with further updates it will come closer. So feel free to download the current version, it`s just the oscillator itself with a basic ADSR evenlope and output volume control. Feedback (specially to improve the quality and get it closer to the original) is highly welcome and appreciated – just write it as coment below. The plugin is WinOS 32-Bit only – but will work via JBrigde also in 64-Bit DAWs.

UPDATE v0.17 is online! Changelog:
    - improved waveform
    - improved aliasing behaviour
    - adjustments on the phase control
    - new ADSR envelope with shape control (falling, linear or raising slope)
    - reduced unwanted artefacts on overlapping notes
    - adjusted default values (strg + left mouse click on a controller sets them to default value)

Link: Here!

3. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Win only. :sad:

But thanks anyway :mates:

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I can get you the news ZG *yes* Im not f****** Harry Potter :rofl:

Cheers mate :wink:

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Use an OS that works for your needs regarding music, not the other way round. And stick to it forever and make fucking music. :wink:

Then you won't need to complain.

I could say "no Linux version?" :snuffy: But have you ever hear me say that? It's because I accept things as they are and choose an OS that suit me best for making music. If music making is your priority you'll make the right choice and not be swayed by anyone or anything. When you chose OSX for your platform to make music you consciously chose a platform that is not supported so well with plugins. Live with it. Live with your choice. Don't impose it upon other people because we're perfectly fine with our choices. It's your problem that you're not fine with your choice ZG. Use OSX for everyday tasks and use Windows for making music if you need some plugins like this so badly. Easy-peasy. :wink:

I'm not trying to instigate a [yet one more] OS fight. Just instigating a reality check for everybody.

btw. if you bought a Mac, you can use it with Windows perfectly well. It is just an overpriced PC after all. In the same way I can use OSX on my PC, but I don't for the aforementioned reasons and some additional ones that I figured out myself [it's not as efficient as XP with plugins, the difference being up to ~20% which is all but negligible].

Cheers! :mates:

6. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

I don`t think he`s complaining ... rather sharing the same point of view as you ... and as I do.
    Sometimes I get this feeling and say to myself "damn, can`t they build it for Win/Linux, too?" (like Sinevibes plugs f.i.), usually I don`t express that but it could happen ...
    Hope you guys got some good recreation going on this weekend (as always?),

Cheers! :mates:

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Full on "recreation" yes! Of all kind. Generally sex and drugs and RnR + wine and beer. :rofl: Thanks, sideshowbob. :wink: I'm recovering from the "recreation" as we speak. :rofl: Vegetable soup and some mixed veg with pasta + green tea. Keeping it light on the stomach and ingesting lots of fluids. That's my recuperating recipe. :wink:

Yeah, I overreacted and I was aware of that, but I felt a need to spread the message, so it is not actually 100% aimed at ZeusGod at all. I like him, actually. And I think he likes me, too. We're all a big family here, after all. I think. :mates: it's not like GS or KVR here. *yes*

8. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

:wow: :wow:
    ouch it wasn't a complain.

It was a "Shit, WIN only, I'm screwed"

:dunno:

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Serums supersaw mode roxx, just a sidenote :)

10. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Thanks huschiwuschi.

Sidenote: Am I the only one that thinks that Serum is not soooo amazing? :dunno: :dunno: /End-of-Sidenote

11. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

Think that too. Too much CPU, preset switching takes too much time.

GUI is nice, but overall I'm okay with the stuff I already have.