Certain Libraries will not now appear in Kontakt 6.5.x and Logic

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by michaelv, May 3, 2021.

1. michaelv

michaelv Noisemaker

Hi all, I have a rather frustrating and puzzling problem, which I hope someone might solve.

I use Kontakt legit and Kontakt..."otherwise"; this particular issue concerns, um, "otherwise". Since updating to K 6.5.x some of my libraries will not appear when launched from Logic. They worked fine in K 5.x.x Also, my library pane is now a library pain. Many libraries are not staying where I instructed them, by locking their .plists in the Preferences. Not sure if this is connected. It's a bit of a mess.

So, in my screenshot, this is taken from K 6.5.3 standalone. However, if I launch K6.5.3 in Logic 10.5.1 those two libraries do not appear. I've tried many things. I add libraries in K5.6.5, as prescribed, and until K6.5.x all was OK.

I'm not sure if this is to do with Logic, and if there might be some Logic-related file I might have to trash. I've tried many things, to no avail. I trashed the xml files and reinstalled the offending libraries, restarted in Safe Boot, zapped pram,did recovery boot.I even tried changing the SNPID number in the nicnt file, but nothing seems to work with K 6.5.x within Logic 10.5.1

So, I hope someone out there can help, please. Thank you in advance for such a great forum.

-Will

Last edited: May 3, 2021

Attached Files:

• K6.png
      K6.png
      File size:
      78.5 KB
      Views:
  3. InTheChips

InTheChips Ultrasonic

Go to the sister site and search for "Kontakt Scripts Kitty". Run and everything will be fine.

4. michaelv

michaelv Noisemaker

Appreciated. After some reading between the lines, head-scratching and self-professed ingenuity, I found it, and without having to part with my credit card info! Now all I have to do is figure out how to use all these command lines....

PS. I have already succeeded in getting those two libraries working in standalone, but not when Kontakt is open in Logic. Not sure how this is going to actually solve that issue. And also not sure how it would fix the librarys' orders getting scrambled, but I'll continue to investigate.

5. michaelv

michaelv Noisemaker

BLOODY HELL,it worked! I ran the add library script with Kontakt (6.5.3) open in Logic, completed the process and the missing libraries appeared. I actually closed the plugin and reopened and found them. Most grateful for this. Now if only someone would sell a library ordering tool that worked, I'd be first in the queue to buy. Will be looking more into this aspect. I bet this guy could do it.

My eyes are poor, so seeing libraries in the main pane is so much better than trying the read the tiny text in the file and quick load locations.

6. Nivesh Maheshwari

Nivesh Maheshwari Newbie

Hello michaelv I have the same problem. I downloaded the add library script but dont know how to use it, can you please share the method.
    Thank you in advance

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  7. Viscount

Viscount Newbie

New to this so bear with me...

Kontakt 6.5.2 I can get running (on Mac) but 6.5.3 seems to be in demo mode. It is the MoRIA version which usually works but this one doesn't.

Is there an easy way to download the "Kontakt Scripts Kitty"? All the searching I've done leads to sites that need a download account.

8. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Just been told about the Kitty Scripts, and have downloaded.
    Have the instructions here too, which mention:

''you will be prompted for the folder with library. Choose the one that contains the library's .ncint file''

So Open the ''Add Library.command'' script

This opens fine but with the last lines of text :

''
    osascript: can't open default scripting component.

Invalid Kontakt library path

Press Enter to continue...

When I press enter it goes to :

''
    logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]''

- Am I doing something daft? where do I get to add the folder of the Kontakt Library with the .nicnt in it?
    I can't seem to point it to the folder of the problematic Kontakt Library? :(

9. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Following on from my post above, the 1st part of the script when launched, says :

''the default interactive shell is now zsh.
    To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.''

Does anyone know what this means, and how I do this safely?
    So i'm guessing the script runs correctly from then on, after this?