Censorship

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Levitate, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Hello all!

Recently a friend of mine that is starting a sound design company that I will be a part of posted 2 free sample kits for everyone and it was removed by Facebook,and he was sent drug counseling information by Facebook.

They also blocked him for 4 days from receiving friend requests,and have removed multiple posts of his for containing nudity which they did not and blocked him for 24 hrs from posting,liking,or sharing,because of it.

It's crazy to me how they can limit an artists freedom of expression,and violate ones right of freedom of speech and to protest.So he's got another one ready for em real soon.

My question is.

What do you think about Facebook's censorship and limiting our freedom of expression as artists?

I'd love to see what you guys and gals have to say about that matter. :mates:

Hope this place is still rockin! Missed ya'll and this place a bunch.I'll be back soon with a bunch of awesomeness as soon as I can!

:bow: :hug: :mates:

ACLU

Artists against art censorship

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

blocked free sample libraries and sent him drug counseling literature? :wow:

He will have to take that up with facebook and ask why?, was the free offer via a personal page, or a business page?

yeah, nudity is definitely a no go on facebook,

facebook? feckoffbook more like it :wink::rofl:

4. Levitate

Levitate Producer

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Some video Sites will allow Nudity But only if it is Nonsexual in Nature for Example Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines Video just Girls walking around Topless i have dune some research because i produce Hip Hop Music and Videos and the Rappers all ways ask me about getting music videos played with Nudity in them on Video sites

6. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

I used to have a picture of a middle aged cross eyed dude stroking his penis, with two young blondes on each side. This was my profile picture cause I was hoping they would permanently delete my profile. But it took them almost a year to even see it. And then to my disappointment they just deleted the picture and left it at that :dunno:

7. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Everyone: Levitate said that the images removed by Facebook had not contained nudity.

Levitate: What was the nature of the material which had prompted Facebook's initial censorial action? It seems that something is missing from the picture, or that workers at Facebook just felt like being mean.

8. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Levitate what happened to your friend seems absolutely ludicrous & what the hell has drugs got to do with sample kits unless they were named "Smoke so meth" or something??

However I am not aware of their policies. In general Facebook is an abomination imo.

It only serves to propagate idiocy & propaganda worldwide whilst making certain people vastly rich in the process. Bit like everything else really.

Best to avoid it I reckon *yes*

Saying that I have a facebook page so :rofl: on the hypocrisy count!

I don't agree with censorship in general but I agree that some things are better left hidden in the interest of public safety.

However if it your thing then it your thing & thats cool!

9. Yes, facebook can be quite a horrific nightmare of lowest common denominator, a place to flitter away the mind in games of mindlessness, though too a place to share good ideas or to keep abreast of old and separated by physical space, cherished friends, where our work and daily lives might be shared. A good example was a share of an Alan Watts lecture that I have actually been listening to for quite a while. It is a good listen as well as a beautiful video. Not all is awful, some is downright acceptable.
    Check It Out

10. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]

No comment...

11. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

facebook is a private company, and as long as you play on their playground the right to freedom of speech and expression doesn't apply.
    Although facebook is more or less publicly accessible it's not a public space.
    Or, put in other words, you are free to post anything you like, and they are free to delete anything the like. Or don't like :)

12. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Stop wasting time on FB and hang out with us! :bleh:
    Good to read you again. :mates:

Some may think FB is a service for the people ...
    Why the lovin` fuck would an enterprise do that for free? Information is the currency of our time, I prefer to see FB as a service for federal agencies & all those that can afford to bargain with it, an insane Data-Collector playing the power game.

13. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

The funny thing is that it will collapse right on the moment that people stop using it. I mean, this thing is in the stock market, for fuck's sakes... It's ok for some business and social activities (like engaging with fans/customers [even that is questionable], but, other than that, everything else you could do privately or on an anonymous forum... Plus, that feed is depressing to look at)

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Facebook is a shit form the first day, so what is the surprise??

Your friend should have a Facebook page if he consider it is necessary for marketing, then have his own website to seriously sell and promote his products.

15. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

+1