Celebrating 100K downloads with Brass and Orchestra

Discussion in 'Software News' started by bigcat1969, Apr 17, 2014.

?

the DIY Orchestra

1. is coolness itself and slightly criminal

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. might be interesting if I get a roundtoit

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. is way too much work so there

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. is stupid so go away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. is the dumbest idea ever and I'm off to get my organ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. what is a wave file?

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

[​IMG]
    Thanks everybody for trying out my stuff. My Mediafire account just went over 100 thousand downloads. At one karma per download I qualify for something from the Wendy's value menu, as long as I also bring a dollar. Before you do anything else go get the Leeds Town Hall Organ that Phloopy found cause it is way more awesome than anything here, I'll wait for you.

Now here are some cool Brass phrases from New York Brass in a Konakt 5 instrument. You can blow your brains out while playing with your organ.

Then the start of the DIY (Do it yourself) Philharmonic with these very orchestral instruments, Banjo, Mandolin and Guitar. The Banjo and Guitar are prettied up versions of the ones from the Don't download this banjo thread, the mandolin is new. Mandolin plus Organ is an underrated combo. To use them you need to download the Philharmonia samples, convert them to waves and drop them in the samples folder for each instrument. I think I got everything right, but please let me know if there are any problems. I'm gonna work on Brass next.

Started messing with the Trumpet. It's a bit confusing, but it looks like there are newer and older samples. So I made Trumpet Old and Trumpet Phrases with the older samples and the 2 Second Trumpet with some of the newer samples. There are basically 1/4 second, 1/2 second, 1 second and 2 second samples. Eventually I'll put all the newer samples into one instrument and tie the length to the mod wheel.
    I think I got them all using the same sample directory. If someone could try them out to verify that this is working right, I'd appreciate it.

Did the same thing with the French Horn. Longest samples, older samples and phrases. The newer samples aren't bad as long as you don't need anything long. The older samples actually sound interesting behind and softer than a more realistic instrument (layering I suppose). Sort of adds a funky edge. Interesting phrases, major and minor trills, crescendo decrescendo, gliss and stuff like that.

Overall variable quality and hampered by shortness (aren't we all), but some interesting colors for the sonic palette.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

4. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Wow thanks guys. Thanks for the champagne picture Kontakt Guru.
    Love the happy icons, Catalyst! Thanks for giving us all a place to post stuffs!
    Thanks. When / if I get the DIY Orchestra going, I'll submit it. Still not sure if the idea will fly and I can make it work.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That was me. *yes*

6. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Oh cool thank you for the champagne picture! :thumbsup:

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

We actually did build phloopy his own sub-forum. We put in the Software section for him. *yes*

8. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Ha cool, so this whole forum I'm always posting stuff in is Phloopy's sub-forum?

9. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Congrats Bigcat.... don't get to overexcited now we still need you, even if i have to virtually tie you up[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Lol that's a great and cruel picture. Tied up so very close to the scissors.

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That's the way we like it, gotta keep things interesting.[​IMG]