CDSoundMaster presents: BRTC-M2 Compressor plugin

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Jun 12, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

The BRTC-M2 is the third Plug-In designed by Michael Heiler and Michael Angel. The sound system, signal chain,
    and processing design is an original concept created by Michael Angel that began back in 2005 and took until 2009
    to begin implementation. Michael Heiler provided the perfect coding and development partnership to bring this
    process to fruition in VST Plug-In form. This made for the development team "Mx2" under exclusive release by
    CDSoundMaster.

Now, after an additional year in development, we are pleased to present the BRTC-M2 Big Round Tube Compressor
    developed by "Mx2" or "Michael Times Two". The original concept for the signal chain developed by Michael Angel of
    CDSoundMaster is called "Virtual Interactive Signal Chain Technology", and has been brilliantly executed in code
    by Michael Heiler. The BRTC is an ideal mixing compressor with 3 custom tube voicing settings and two separate tube
    compressor response settings.

This unique process provides the most advanced and complex system for recreating analog circuitry with the benefit
    of using a stream-lined and memory-efficient sound procedure. With very few steps, it is able to generate a more
    complex response than other algorithmic processes. Every device that is created using the "Virtual Interactive Signal
    Chain Technology" is designed in comparison to real analog recording devices for the ultimate in realism and excellence
    in sound. The name "Big Round Tube Compressor" represents and incredibly complex signal process, sharing a familiar
    layout design to the VTMC-M2 with a completely unique tube response all its own.

The BRTC-M2 is one of those unique, amazing sounding compressors that will find a place in any mix of any music
    genre. The BRTC-M2 is not an emulator of a single specific device. It is built upon years of hands-on knowledge of
    many different classic devices, each famous for their particular character and capabilities. The tube design of the
    BRTC-M2 is a completely original sound, finding its place among the finest in classic recording studio tube devices.

The BRTC-M2 is designed to be a perfect complement to the VTMC-M2. Where both compressors are excellent for mixing
    tasks and mastering, the VTMC-M2 is specifically voiced for high end mastering with personality, where the BRTC-M2 is
    optimized for audio mixing with impact; from buss to individual tracks, from vocals to bass guitar, the BRTC-M2 has
    been carefully constructed to make your tracks come alive.

Audio Samples:

Dry Rough Mix:
    http://cdsoundmaster.com/BRTC-M2/HALF-FINISHED-BOOK-DRY.mp3

With the BRTC-M2:
    http://cdsoundmaster.com/BRTC-M2/HALF-FINISHED-BOOK-COMP.mp3

With the BRTC-M2 Compressor, Extra Tube Stage, and Light Reverb:
    http://cdsoundmaster.com/BRTC-M2/HALF-FINISHED-BOOK-REVERB-COMP.mp3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5beF-V5RCT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTnWfYcrhME

Available the First Week Only: Price $99 (Regular $199. You Save $1000)

[​IMG]
    You will be able to use the BRTC-M2 for free for several days, with full functionality and including all of the presets.
    NOTE: Choose either the 32 bit or 64 bit version and not both simultaneously, or you may experience a conflict in scanning within your DAW

More INFO: CDSoundMaster | BRTC-M2

3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Save $1000? Really? :rofl:

4. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

If their code is like their maths I'll give it a miss
    Available the First Week Only: Price $99 (Regular $199. You Save $1000)

:rofl:

5. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Does this use the newer nebula features ? the compressors for Nebula 3 weren't so great

6. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

It's a VST plugin.

7. copylefter

copylefter Producer

I think he mean if it use already the new Core6 technology. :mates:

I don't think so, I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere a while ago,
    that for now Core6 engine was only available in the latest Acustica Aqua plugins,
    and not for third party devs. I hope to be wrong or anyway that it will be used widely soon enough,
    cause looking at the features, if it do what it claims, it's quite of a revolution,
    on a technology that is already revolutionary on its own.

It's still quite new, probably 3rd party devs need also some time
    to learn how to properly implement the new engine's features and take
    advantage of the improved performances on both resource usage and audio processing,
    especially regarding compressors (and dynamics processors more in general).

8. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

oOps my bad. My apologies then :bleh:

You know (and very well, by misfortune) that Nebula is not my forte *no*

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

its fixed now on their page.

10. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

Think again! have you tried the latest compressor libs from AlexB and Tim Petherick? they have the awesome tone + they do compress very well. transparent if you want or very fat and colorful if you do heavy compressor and even limiting.

the proof is in the latest songs I mixed with recent nebula comps only on those 3 tracks :)
    http://plajia.bandcamp.com

11. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

I'll have to give it a try. I tried some of the older ones when they were released on "the other site" and I wasn't impressed. I'm sure the technology's improved since

12. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

those vocals needed a little bit more compression, but the reverb mix made it sound a whole lot better. The compressor sounds pretty ok too... but I don't see or hear anything too revolutionary about it...

I guess the saturation feature is nice...