Caveat Emptor- Baa Baa Blacksheep

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Cav Emp, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

https://soundcloud.com/caveatemptor/caveat-emptor-baa-baa-blacksheep/s-34tzM

Sup guys. Can't seem to embed for whatever reason. Might be that I set the track as private because it still needs a few things- would like to add some fx, transitions from hook to verse and such, do some filtering on the outro, etc. But I was eager to get something uploaded and get some constructive criticism.

First verse and the hook are me. Second and third are my brother.

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

hey are you 2 guys in one id here? hahah

not a big rap fan.. but the track sounds ok.. def needs some more embellishment

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

nah cav no joke that is sounding amazing! Professional as hell. Loving the vocals and the bit crushed texture of the drums. Very solid composition and I know ur working on the mix still so no criticisms there, even though the mix is sounding pretty amazing.

This is a really unique sounding hip hop track, really loving the hard breakbeat style of it. The drums and short LFO'd notes are sounding great!

Keep at it man, sorry I didn't see this earlier! SUPPORT!

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Haha no on the Soundcloud page I'm the (slightly) less insane looking guy on the right. Thanks for listening. I've started working on giving the beat a bit more movement

Wow. Thanks man. I was actually really insecure about posting this on a forum full of seasoned producers. I'm blown away by your response. I've been a good rapper forever but I have no idea really where I stand as a producer. Thanks so much bro!

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I really enjoyed it and rap isn't my favorite genre so I consider any track that gets my attention, a job well done. Never be insecure about posting your music man, there are members of all skill levels here and the forums are all about stepping up your game so it's helpful to get some feedback. From our conversations alone it's clear to me that you know what you're talking about and this track just drives that home. I'm not sure but I believe that perhaps the embedding problem is related to the fact that the track is private, we'll have to look into that issue. I look forward to hearing more from you. [​IMG]

7. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Nah man don't feel insecure at all. Most people over here know alot about production and such but the real skill is actually posting good music on here rather than just talking about how much we all 'think' we know...

Right now you own the 'our music' section with this post. And you're track shows you have a much better application knowledge than most of us... and application is the main thing that matters in the end...

This track kills it and if you need someone to do the mastering... I can help you out with that if you want. But if you know how to master on your own then definately don't rely on anyone else for it because you have the skill and talent to do it yourself...

Can't wait till this is done! Work hard on it! : )

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

@Catalyst thanks for the kind words bro. You're both right of course about my worries with posting this up. It's been a while since I've actually shared any of my music. Been hoarding everything to try and make a real project of it so I lost sight of the fact that I do generally get mostly good feedback. I've got somewhere between one and two dozen unfinished tracks lying around that are supposed to somehow turn into an EP :rofl:

@( . ) ( . ) I almost don't know what do say. Getting this kind of encouragement is actually really inspiring. And yeah, I don't know thing one about mastering -- eventually I'll need some help on that front so that too is very much appreciated.

9. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

no worries man, let me know when ur done.