Catalog Of Issues With Warez Releases (Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Catalyst, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    I thought it would be a good idea to start cataloging different releases, whether they work on all platforms, have some issues that people would perhaps like to know before integrating them into their workflow, etc. For example through some recent tests we've come to the conclusion that R2R's verison of Soundtoys 4.1.8 doesn't work on Windows 8 x64 and jBridge 1.5. Why not save someone the hassle and create a comprehensive list of issues, perhaps it could even help in solving them. The only way this works though is if submissions are made after testing has been performed to assure that this is actually a bug and not some random event or the result of user error. Entries should be thorough, please be vigilant otherwise it will simply degrade into a mess.
    Keep in mind that this thread is only for Mac.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Talkin bout Soundtoys, the only full working version, at least on my end (no presets but who gives a sh!t, those are for losers :bleh: )
    it's 4.0.1 XVX (god bless 'em) release (I use AudioUnit only). 4.0.2 is working ok for many people too,
    but some (me included) experienced that horrible noise burst
    that can blow your speaker/ears (it's a bug present in the legit version as well) and other problems.
    I never stumbled across time-bombs or other problems with 4.0.1, so I'm happy with that :thumbsup:

FYI SoundToys 4.0.1 AU perfectly bridges with 32Lives in Ableton Live 64 and LPX :grooves:
    It won't pass au validation showing as unsupported, anyway just tick the boxes and use them, no matter Logic doesn't like 'em, I do and they works.

Thanks Cat for thinking about starting such a topic, it'll become a very useful resource for everybody :mates:

EDIT: All this on a 2013 i5 MBP running 10.8.5 Ableton Live 32/64 bit 9.1.2 & LPX 10.0.6 (thanks for the head up KingSchlongXVII, I forgot system)

4. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

This would be extremely useful, many thanks for adding it to the forum Sir Catalyst.

I think the hugely important thing here, like Catalyst said, is to make a clear point of your system, choice of DAW with version number, etc., etc.

Otherwise we could all be running around in circles like dogs chasing their own tails. You'd only have to do this once though. I'll get the ball rolling;

2010 Mac Pro, OSX 10.9.2, Logic Pro X 10.0.6, 32 Lives 1.0.3

5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

This is useful especially since MAC have so many plugins and programs that cant be runned on older Mac OS

6. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Yeah, on the other hand 90% or so of all reports that something doesn't work is because of user error. The amount of time people don't read the instructions, uninstall old versions or generally have trouble getting things working while they are fine is mind blowing... So a catalog is a nice idea, but expect a lot of false information :)

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I have 4.0.2, dunno who released it, although XVX sounds right. I'm running it on Snow Leopard and Digital Performer 7.24/Wave Editor 1.57, and I use AU only. You can only access the presets from the GUI, they show as empty in the GUI's host program presets menu. I've never had a problem with any of the SoundToys plugs.

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'll tell you a little secret: this is that new project I was talking about in my AudioSex Updates post (not the secret one). Eventually I want to put this information in a database and possibly in the future we could build a separate site for it. It will be like a PreDB but of warez issues/solutions (perhaps a PostDB). I will of course need the help of the community to make this project a reality and it will be a challenge but it could be incredibly useful. *yes*

9. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I think Dimension Pro/Rapture have problems installing/auth on 10.7, since Lion doesn't have rosetta, and the installer/auth is PPC onry.

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=dimension+pro+on+10.7

10. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

It sounds like a few of the issues (especially with older installers) is trying to install in Lion on up. I plan on eventually upgrading to Lion (last system I can apparently install on my older model MacBook), so I can run 64-bit, but before I do, I plan on making sure I've installed everything I possibly can in SL. And if I get a newer-model Mac, I plan on either installing SL and getting all my plugs, VIs, etc. up to speed before running a new OS, or creating a partition for Snow Leopard and just running that for my audio work.

11. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Here's one that really bums me out: Zero-G's "Sound Of The 70's" Intakt VI. After you upgrade from Tiger and Cocoa, you can still install and authorize it on your machine and even run it in standalone mode (though you can't ReWire it or use it in Plogue Bidule or even wire it up via Jack OSX), but you can't load it as a plug inside of any VI. It's not that it doesn't pass authorization, it's that, as a PPC/Cocoa VI application, programs like DP, Wave Editor, or simple stuff like AU Player can't even see it. The obvious solution is, according to Zero-G, to stick the folder in your Kontakt library folder and load it up in Kontakt, which I've done. Unfortunately, as an Intakt library, none of the time-sliced or key-triggered stuff loads properly, plus, you lose the GUI and all of the special features involved. The other solution is apparently a patch that you can download from the NI Support site that seems to fix this ... obviously, there's no way I can get to it. I've looked everywhere to see if anybody had the patch, or an overall Intakt-to-Kontakt patch, but no one I've ever come across has it. Considering some of the great Intakt collections/instruments out there, you'd think there would at least be a call for a general patch.

12. Guitarmaniac64

I thought the same but i cant FIND Lion in App store well i cant find any other OS then Mavericks thats so lame from apple it´s like Microsoft would not sell Vista or Win 7 anymore on their webshop when they released Win 8 and then i havent touched Apples backwords compability wich is the worst ever in all OS:s history period..

13. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Nerve 1.0 has issues on OSX 10.8.5 and Logic 10.0.x. Claims it cant find the database even if you select it, but then it does work. To an extent. Doesnt bother me as i wont use it, but so people know.

some Zaptiniq or something product didnt work. Pitchmapper or something. Registration never worked. I try many different programs, and hardly ever get problems.

Izotope Radius didnt work either. Just like, period didnt work. Same with 'The T-pain effect'. They just never worked.

Boz Sasquatch has a problem with the 'demo moding' every time its loaded. I use it on one track and every time i load that project i have to open it and click 'try demo' and it works. But if i dont do that, it stops the sound from playing. Annoyance.

Some izotope stuff gives and error after update saying something about error in finding 'hook.config' or something. But it can be solved by batchmodding the file it says it has an error with.

Nicky Romero Kickstart for OSX doesnt work proper. With a bit of tweaking and file-fudging i might be able to get it to work. But itll be a good bit of fudging files.

I think its useful. Set up a team to fix up errors with things, errors that can be verified by a team of 'Correctors' and re-released.

I think a separate site that is a database of warez errors that give the version number, OS, problem and files would be useful. Like i have the image in my head of what it could look like. Have a team login and a user submission system.

A team of 'correctors' from Win, from OSX, and ones who use various DAWs for verifying.

May be useful. Who knows. But if these things were done right in the first place, there should be no problems.

Big downfall i see is the submission of things that are user error. I would attribute 95% of the errors with this stuff to user error or lack of understanding.

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks Organic, appreciate the info. You're also right about user error and that's why there needs to be a solid team for this project in order to have it function properly. Then the community could be very helpful in identifying what is user error and what isn't.

15. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Just found out that DadaLife SausageFattener AU is totally silent in Ableton Live 9.1.2 32bit. The VST works great though so no big deal.
    In LPX the AU works, dunno what's wrong with live, or if it's an issue present in the legit version too :dunno:

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2.0.1 Standalone AU VST MacOSX-edami Guide
    FOR ANYONE WHO MADE THE MISTAKE AND INSTALLED THE XLN ONLINE INSTALLER (aka "ithrowmyshitallovertheplace6000“)…
    I MADE THIS LIST OF EVERYTHING XLN-RELATED AND COMPILED THIS FOOLPROOF GUIDE.

———————————
    REQUIREMENTS
    ———————————
    MAC OSX 10.9.4 MAVERICKS (systemupdate)
    BatChmod (http://www.lagentesoft.com/batchmod/index.html INSTALL THIS RIGHT AWAY!)
    Logic Pro X 10.0.7 (systemupdate/google)
    XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2.v2.0.0-R2R.iso (use google)
    XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2 2.0.1.Standalone.AU.VST.MaCOSX-edami.zip (use google)

———————————
    DELETE THE FOLLOWING FOR A CLEAN START
    ———————————
    HD FOLDER:
    HD/Application Support/XLN Audio
    PLUGINS:
    HD/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Addictive Drums2.aaxplugin
    HD/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive Drums 2.component
    HD/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Addictive Drums2.vst
    APP:
    HD/Applications/XLN Audio
    ——————————————————
    USER FOLDER:
    user/library/application support/Addictive Drums 2
    user/library/application support/XLN Online Installer

user/library/audio/presets/XLN Audio

user/library/caches/com.xln.xlnonlineinstaller
    user/library/caches/com.juce.locks/XLN
    user/library/caches/com.juce.locks/XLN_Process
    user/library/caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache

user/library/Logs/Addictive Drums 2 Logs
    user/library/Preferences/ByHost/com.xlnaudio.addictivedrums2.XXXXNUMBERSXXXX

———————————
    LIBRARY PLACEMENT p.1
    ———————————
    MOUNT XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2.v2.0.0-R2R (MOUNTED NAME: „AD200LIB“)
    ———————————

1) GO TO HD/Library/Application Support/
    2) CREATE A NEW FOLDER AND NAME IT „XLN Audio“

3) COPY
    /Volumes/AD200LIB/Addictive Drums 2
    to
    HD/Library/Application Support/XLN Audio/

4) DELETE AD2_Library_Placer.exe
    in
    HD/Library/Application Support/XLN Audio/Addictive Drums2

———————————
    EDAMI-CRACK
    ———————————
    UNPACK XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2 2.0.1.Standalone.AU.VST.MaCOSX-edami.zip
    ———————————

———————————
    LIBRARY PLACEMENT p.2
    ———————————
    COPY „ADBV0002.resources“ AND „ADBV0002“
    FROM
    XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2 2.0.1.Standalone.AU.VST.MaCOSX-edami/Addictive Drums 2 2.0.1 APP+VST+AU [k] warning (read info)/resources/
    TO:
    /Library/Application Support/XLN Audio/Addictive Drums 2/App
    (OVERWRITE/REPLACE WHEN ASKED!)

———————————
    APPLICATION
    ———————————
    COPY „Addictive Drums 2.app“ from
    XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2 2.0.1.Standalone.AU.VST.MaCOSX-edami/Addictive Drums 2 2.0.1 APP+VST+AU [k] warning (read info)/resources/app
    to
    /Applications

FIX PERMISSIONS WITH BatChmod.app (lagentesoft.com/batchmod/index.html)

———————————
    AUDIO UNIT
    ———————————
    COPY „Addictive Drums 2.component“
    FROM
    XLN.Audio.Addictive.Drums.2 2.0.1.Standalone.AU.VST.MaCOSX-edami/Addictive Drums 2 2.0.1 APP+VST+AU [k] warning (read info)/AU (Logic X crash)
    TO
    HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

———————————
    RUN TERMINAL
    ———————————
    (ATTENTION! DO NOT FORGET THE LAST QUOTATION MARK!)

sudo codesign -f -s - "/library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive Drums 2.component/Contents/MacOS/Addictive Drums 2"

1) -PRESS RETURN
    2) -TYPE YOUR PASSWORD
    3) -ACCEPT DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL (once you accepted this, it will not ask a second time!)
    4) -AFTER COMPLETION RUN THE COMMAND AGAIN!

sudo codesign -f -s - "/library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Addictive Drums 2.component/Contents/MacOS/Addictive Drums 2"

5) -TERMINAL WILL SAY: „REPLACING EXISTING SIGNATURE“
    6) -QUIT TERMINAL.

DONE.

Credits go out to:
    R2R(Initial Library)
    Sunny(Sharing R2R-Library)
    EDAMI(Plugins+App)
    Horsemen+oddsox(Sharing EDAMI-Pack)
    DarkKnight007(Terminal Command)
    and PrvtPirate(Identifying XLN-Installer-Files + Compiling this Guide)
    if something/someone is missing, feel free to chime in!
    Puzzles are fun!

17. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Wow Cat, that's a thorough list :wow:
    Thanks to all involved, I just installed with that crap of an online installer addictive keys to try and crack it today.
    I have a feeling this may come in hand :sad:

18. pasarireng

pasarireng Newbie

Audio Units who can't pass validation in my Hackintosh (Mavericks v10.9.5 and Logic Pro X v10.0.7 and Sound Radix 32Lives v1.0.5))

#NI FM8 FX v1.3.0 - crashed validation (the FX only, the instrument is OK)
    #SoundToys EchoBoy v1.0.0- failed validation
    #SoundToys FilterFreak2 v1.0.0 - failed validation
    #SoundToys Panman v1.0.0 - failed validation
    #SoundToys PhaseMistress v1.0.0 - failed validation
    #SoundToys Speed v1.0.0 - crashed validation
    #Spectrasonic Omnisphere v1.5.5 - crashed validation (the VST version is OK though, so with BlueCat's Patchwork it works OK,..hell, even the AU version works well if it called from the BlueCat's Patchwork).)

19. copylefter

copylefter Producer

#SoundToys Speed v1.0.0 - crashed validation
    no way to make it work in LPX I wonder, it's a non-realtime plug can't be correctly wrapped.
    For all the rest, ValidateAllAUs.app:
    http://cl.ly/222N3P0b3C0G

They will show as unsupported or something like that, but will all work. :wink:

If you're on PT10 trash AAX plugins for waves, that can't be used. Need to use RTAS. If you're on PT11 just forget about using them, no way.

20. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Wow, just came across this thread by chance. If I had known of this before, I could have saved all my negative comments on the release pages of Audioz.

21. Guitarmaniac64

With Openssh:s amazing releases recently we can add

McDSP HD Everything
    Five of them dont work (SPC (three of them), 6020, & AE) AU Logic non RTAS worked for me on Pro Tools 10

Antares Avox & Harmony Engine Rtas not working PT 10 but all AU is working in logic 9