Cardiak - Official Producer Drum Kit Released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by producerspot, Dec 8, 2013.

1. producerspot

producerspot Noisemaker

The Drum Broker has teamed up with Cardiak, one of the industry’s most prolific producers, to bring you the Cardiak Presents The Flatline Kit Vol 1
    Cardiak Flatline collaborate withs ome huge names such as: Eminem, Havoc, 50 Cent, Wale, Yung Jeezy, Rick Ross, Freeway, Joe Budden, and many more.

More details: Official Cardiak Drum Kits

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

oh... another... drum kit. *no*

4. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Was about time! A few days without a new drum kit? Man, thats not okay, I need new drums every fucking day! (That was NOT a serious statement, just to make that clear)

Oh, just saw it: It has 808s! SO its a must-buy! I mean come on!!! IT GOT 808s!!!!!!!

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

I would imagine this is gonna be totally shit, i brought both the Khrysis and 9th Wonder kits and they were so weak i feel embarrassed that i fell for the marketing hype.

The Beat Butcha kits are nice tho...

Like the dude said above, 808's...jeez we have entire genres of music based on one drum kit sound

modern music is mostly awful...

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

And the most ironic thing is that they are just sines (sometimes with some pitch envelope and/or saturation/overdrive), and pretty much all synths have sine wave oscillators.

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

You trippin' i guess :rofl: right??

8. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I totally agree. Beat Butcha's kits are good. It seems he actually tries to combine and create new sounds while others just copy and paste other people's sounds. I also think !llmind resells the same sounds. Just my opinion.

9. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Cardiak's kit isn't great, by the way. Trust me, you already have every sound in that kit.

10. dway

dway Newbie

I'm waiting for the Havoc from mobb deep drum kit it comes on a custom made Queensbridge thumb drive :wink:

11. remix

remix Platinum Record

I dont have high hopes for the Havoc kit even tho he's one of my fav beatmakers, hiphopdrumsamples.com seems to have no quality control right now...

The thumb drive is a sweet bonus tho but $65 hmmmmm

12. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Someone: "I need new drums every fucking day!"--makes perfect sense to me. Oh wait, you guys are talking imitation drums. Never mind. Some people march to a different drummer, but I am a different drummer. :bleh: Jeesh, how hard is it to create your own drum sounds and beats. Mic a drum, or a dresser drawer, or a trash can, or go find one on a recording. Record it, trick it out, and use it. Copy, cut and paste, loop. Repeat ad nauseum. Learn a little about rhythm. If you don't understand enough about rhythm itself, other than copying what somebody else already does, what are you going to end up with? Learn the difference between being right on top of a techno disco beat and what happens when you put the snare just a little behind in a big rock backbeat. What makes things swing, or not. Learn how to overlay a clave pattern over two measures of funky 4/4 time. Learn about song stucture. I could go on and on. The guys that create interesting "beats" with machinery understand this. If you work with the same old sounds, that's what it's going to sound like--The S.O.S. If you come up with something new and interesting, maybe you can make a song that gets people's attention. Or maybe you can sell in a construction kit to some poor schmuck.

13. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

which drum broker kits do you like best besides beat butcha?
    i didn't like the illmind kits that much either, i have a couple more kits from them, but never really used them that much.

14. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Jake One's Snare Jordan kit was ok. Better than the others.

15. bl33d

bl33d Newbie

You do realize that most of these kits contain the same rehashed sounds of the TR- 808 and older workstations? Not a hater, Im just saying that a lot of trap and Hip Hop kits are nearly identical. Ill Minds Blap Kits are amazing and so are the expansions for Maschine BTW