Can't see Soundescape Synthetica presets in Omnisphere

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Steve Jones, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Steve Jones

Steve Jones Newbie

I have about 450 folders of presets in my STEAM folder, but some of them aren't visible.
    My STEAM link in c:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\STEAM.lnk points to
    "D:\1 VST Slow Loaders M2\Steam\STEAM"

where I store my Omnisphere data. But even when I delete some of the preset folders - they still appear in Omnisphere, and I can still load the presets! Is there any way to tell what folder Omnisphere is really looking at? I have the same presets on two other hard drives on my PC, so I wonder if it's looking at the other drives.
    (The D: drive is one of my SSDs, so I copied the STEAM folder to there for faster loading.)

If I use the really, really slow vertically scrolling list under Folders, User Directories, I can see all of the folders, and I can find and select Soundescape Synthetica - but it takes me about two minutes to scroll up to that folder!

But if I select Directory 'All', I can see most of the folders in the Category list, but both my Soundescape folders are missing, as well as many others. I tried refreshing the list using the 'rotating arrow' button at the bottom, but it makes no difference. Has anybody else got this problem? Do you know how to find out which precise STEAM folder Omnisphere is looking at?

3. Steve Jones

Steve Jones Newbie

I found what the problem was - for some stupid reason (because I'm stupid!) I had copied all the preset folders into STEAM\Omnisphere\Settings Library\Patches
    instead of into
    STEAM\Omnisphere\Settings Library\Patches\User
    Two thirds of the preset folders I had also (some time in the past) copied into the
    STEAM\Omnisphere\Settings Library\Patches\User folder - so most of the preset folders were showing up, but not all of them.

4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Great that you figured it out.
    You should be able to consolidate all those other folders into the proper location.

You could move the 'STEAM" folder up one level to avoid the redundant "Steam" folder...
    But of course then you would need to create a new link.