Can't load new AEON

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by boinky, May 30, 2013.

1. boinky

boinky Newbie

Hi everyone,

As mentioned I can't load AEON into kontakt. But ONLY melodic. Rhythm works fine. As I load it via "Libraries" it says "No Library found". Trying to load it via "Files" it says "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective Library is registered properly". How can that be since the rhythm instruments can be loaded without any problem via "Files"?

My DAW is Cubase 7 (legit) and the new kontakt update v5.1 from AudioZ.

Can anybody help me, please? I'd love sooo much to try out that new amazing stuff from heavyocity.

Thank you, guys

Greetz
    Boinky

3. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

You can install Kontakt 5.0.3 and add AEON, then reinstall 5.1 and they'll both show up. Bit of a pain, but it works.

I don't know personally, but I've heard others say that you need to update the NI Service Center. You can download the latest version from the NI site.

4. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I would just say make sure you are browsing to the right folder when you add the library.

You might need to go one more folder down when you try to add library.

The nicnt file should be directly within the folder you are clicking when you add library.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

boinky
    I second VIVIsect's answer concerning installing 5.0.3, adding the library, then installing 5.1 and making sure that Service Center is updated. Good luck and report back if that solution worked for you so others will know.

VIVIsect
    Is that short for VIVIsectVI?

6. boinky

boinky Newbie

Thanks guys.

But...

@VIVIsect
    Are you sure about that? 'Cause I read several times that you need Kontakt 5.1 for AEON. And concerning SC...r u sure that it won't fuck up everything? When I installed komplete 8 the installation guide specifically said not to run SC!

tater_one
    Tried every folder, moved the nkis all around and the nicnt definitely IS within the chosen folder. Nothing worked. Still "No library found"

7. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

I use 5.1 by R2R and I could ADD both of them just fine.

8. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

@Catalyst - Yes. I'm a big Skinny Puppy fan. :wink:

@boinky - Yes, it works. You need 5.1 to actually use the patches, but 5.0.3 will let you add the library. When you reinstall and launch 5.1, it should automatically appear in the library list. There might be a simpler way of getting it to work, but that way worked for me.

9. boinky

boinky Newbie

Cool, I'll try that. Thanks

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

boinky, BoogieWoogie, urOK
    Yeah but this is a known issue in the scene related specifically to Kontakt 5.1 and some other unknown variable (maybe OS). I know for a fact that it is a solution to problems with adding libraries. It won't necessarily always work but more often than not it does and until the issue is resolved by R2R it's pretty much our only recourse. I would also recommend the Kontakt Library Manager 3 created by DoubleY which you can find floating around. This tool is a must-have for anyone working with Kontakt libraries.

VIVIsect
    Nice to see more Industrial folks in the circuit. :headbang:

11. urOk

urOk Member

I had no problems with both Aeon libraries @ Kontakt 5.1.0 No idea mate what you did wrong, maybe some file is corrupted :dunno: Anyway you can try remove AEON from reg files (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\AEON Rhythmic) and then try add in Kontakt, Aeon Melodic as a 1st. It help sometimes.

12. boinky

boinky Newbie

Crap!!! I uninstalled v5.1 and when I tried to install v5.0.3 I couldn't choose kontakt 5 (from komplete 8). The installer says "newer version of kontakt 5 found". Is there still something in the registry? How do I delete that crap?

VIVIsect and catalyst
    At least I bring people together :mates: *yes*

13. boinky

boinky Newbie

There's nothing to delete. It's just one simple library. Nothing to install :wink:

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah that's annoying. I really hate when uninstallers leave traces in the registry. Uninstall Kontakt and then go to Windows Search and type in Kontakt. Delete any folders related to Native Instruments Kontakt. Then go to Start > Run (or simply hold Windows key and R > type regedit. Then click on the top of the database tree (My Computer should be selected) so you search from there on down. Before doing the following I HIGHLY recommend backing up your registry just in case you fuck up. You can do this by going to File > Export and naming it Registry Backup and choosing a location you can easily find. Hit F3 and type in Kontakt. There are going to be a lot of entries but you're interested mainly in locations under Software > Native Instruments > Kontakt (make sure you make the status bar visible so you can see your current location in the database). Delete all keys which are located in the left-hand column related to Kontakt. Be careful because deleting the wrong thing in the registry can fuck up your computer so you have to be uber aware of what you're doing. That's why I suggested a registry backup. After all that install 5.0.3 as well as the library and proceed with our previous instructions.

15. urOk

urOk Member

Well, is another way. Use "Quick Load". Should work.

16. boinky

boinky Newbie

Ok, I did that. Thanks

Well, I did that, too. What I got is the folder "88CC4421FD....." on the left and on the right a few entries, one of which is "ProductName Native Instruments Kontakt Factory Library". It can't be right to delete THAT, can it?

What do you mean by keys? Entries within the folders?

urOk
    Thanks but doesn't work either

I'm starting to lose motivation *yes* Damn you, great and amazing temptation called Heavyocity!!! :rofl:

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

No as I mentioned look at the status bar and it will have a long folder location. You are looking for locations with Software > Native Instruments > Kontakt as a hierarchy. Simply press F3 again and again until you find all locations that have these contents (I believe it would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Native Instruments > Kontakt). When you find them simply delete the Kontakt subfolders in the database not the parent folders of Software or Native Instruments. If you want something, particularly for free, you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves mate. Also I'm sure you can make great music without Aeon so avoid collector mentality at all costs because it is a prison that will keep you obsessed with minutiae when you could be doing what you came here for which is an infinitely more valuable pursuit. Get out there and make music using whatever tools you have at your disposal and today that's a hell of a lot.

18. boinky

boinky Newbie

Ok, now I got it. It's HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments > Kontakt 5 (and Kontakt 5 Demo Content). No subfolders. Then on the right there are plenty of reg entries. Delete them all??

Dude, that wasn't meant to be taken seriously :wink: My kind of humor. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for all that "free" stuff and I'm well aware of the hard work a lot of guys do (magnetrixx, R2R a.s.o.). Actually I feel kind of shameful but I really don't have the money for all that, yet. And I'm not a collector. I'm simply a great fan of Heavyocity *yes*

Thanks for your patience with me and my lack of knowledge, btw! :wink:

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yes sir, just delete the folders in the left column. The values on the right are referencing the selected folder just like when you're browsing your hard drive but except now you're browsing a configuration database. On another note I think you took what I said the wrong way as it wasn't meant to be critical, I was just stating a fact. You shouldn't feel shameful about wanting to make music even if you can't afford your tools at the moment. Simply make it a point to support the developers of quality software when you have an opportunity to do so particularly if you end up making money. I also wasn't saying that you are a collector I simply know that this is an illness that a lot of folks around here suffer from so I thought I'd give you a push to create rather than collect just in case. Concerning the help it's no bother. I never mind lending a helping hand to folks that are appreciative and respectful. And here's something to keep in mind concerning knowledge: when you say you don't know...then everything is possible. Technical support and valuable life lessons...where else but AudioSex? :rofl:

20. boinky

boinky Newbie

Yessss *yes* That's right. And you're absolutely right about collector mentalities. The replies I've read on some posts.... I was shocked to see how greedy and ungrateful some people are. Already getting "free" stuff and still complaining, swearing and insulting those guys who upload all that stuff. Assholes!!!

And thanks for your helping hand. Appreciate it :wink: Buuuuut, it still won't install kontakt 5 v5.0.3. I think I'm gonna go with your recommendation and pass on AEON :sad:

Btw, I didn't take your words as critic. I just wanted to state that I'm not that kind. Everything's cool :wink:

21. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah the human condition is in a horrible state of disrepair at the moment. People don't keep things in perspective because if this were the old days most people here wouldn't even have access to software like they do now. Yet instead of being appreciative of people's contributions they focus on a missing changelog or that software was released by another team already. I'm old-school and a grateful type of person so it's really sickening to me. I look for opportunities to help the community and they look for opportunities to bitch and moan about bullshit while they're sitting on their asses contributing nothing, a true sign of a spoiled brat. We often forget that it's easy to consume but hard to create. I try to remind people but they always take it as an attack instead of the fact that I respect the scene and that I have a firm belief that gratitude is fundamental to any healthy relationship particularly when you take a hell of a lot more than you give. In my opinion gratitude is a prerequisite for a life worth living.

Concerning your issue try also deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments > Kontakt. I would make further recommendations to delete more folders but the problem is that some folders can't be deleted and without looking at it myself I would be afraid that you might delete the wrong thing and there are a million keys to sift through. Also just in case you didn't know you should try running the Kontakt 5.1.0 standalone as administrator and then try adding your libraries and see if that resolves your issue. I actually had the same exact problem but because of my knowledge in this area I was able to effectively remove the offending key. Hopefully when R2R brings us the new version they will have addressed this problem however in the meantime If I or another user isolates the exact key we will post the solution here for you. *yes*

There is another thing we can try but you would have to install a 3rd party application and set it up for installation monitoring while you install Kontakt 5.1. This way the computer will have a list of all locations being written to and therefore when you uninstall it should be efficient in key and file removal. Let me know if you're interested because if you are I would be willing to guide you through the process but I would prefer to do that on the weekend when I have more free time to assist you.