Cant install new or old version of Kontakt 6

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Guitarmaniac64, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Hi i have this problem after starting to deal with no install version of Kontakt

I get this mess when i try to use an installer of a newer or older version

https://i.postimg.cc/K8TVtjVm/bild-2021-08-12-144950.png

I have deleted all Kontakt 6 entrys in the register
    I also deleted all Kontakt 6 files on system drive still i get that mess so doesn anyone has a solution?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please install the latest: Native Instruments Kontakt 6 v6.6.0 WiN Rev2 (8.07.2021)
    www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/help-fm8-will-not-update-from-1-3-2-to-1-4-0.259631/
    www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/kontakt-5-cant-install-because-a-full-version.217268/

You can use the Free CCleaner to clean your registry. Then restart the PC!
    https://www.ccleaner.com/de-de

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  4. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

If you are trying to install a "No Install" version of Kontakt you will have problems of course. Haven´t read the instructions?

5. Guitarmaniac64

I wrote in the post that i have deleted everything in registry and on my system drive
    And still doesn't work (i am no noob have been using computers since 1993)
    I dont use those CC cleaner shit i use real reg editors and delete entrys one by one its so easy that those gadgets delete stuff that i must have and then some program dont work anymore so i have to reinstall it
    I have that Kontakt 6.60 Ver2 version it was the first i tried and then i saw that mess i linked to
    Then i tried the full version of 6.5.3 and same mess came up
    So after that i started to delete everything in the registry and system drive but that freaking mess still popped up i must clearly have forgotten something but when i do search in register and my system drive it cant find anything.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  6. Guitarmaniac64

I read the instructions basically what no install let you do is just copy the files to specific folders instead of using an installer program
    It usually works fine just to delete those folders and clean the registry (if anything was store there) but for some reason that didnt work on Kontakt 6.

7. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

You are wasting a lot more time trying to troubleshoot, find and repair than re-installing, I re-installed Windows 10 on a friend's computer that was F**K*d up it took around 20 minutes using a USB. Save yourself frustration and headaches, always have backups of the all the important programs and applications that you always use and no worries.

8. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

I must say I had pretty nasty problems with the same version as you have:

I managed to install it, but after that, when I try to launch the standalone, Kontakt hangs and freeze in memory for like dozens of minutes, then at least I see the familiar window appear... Same things with the vst2 or vst3 in Nuendo...

The only solution I found (for the moment) is to use the portable version, the standalone still freezes to death... but the vst3 works in my DAW!

For me, since the beginning, 6.6.0 V2 is simply the most buggy version I ever installed in my comp.

The only version that works flawlessly on my comp now was the 6.2.2 install by R4e. I tried to reinstall the 6.5.3 as it worked perfectly fine before, but I dunno how it's possible, this version have started to hang an bug too! Despite the fact that I cleaned up deeply my comp of all traces between install attempts!

Windows10 21H1, Intel i7 8700 proc 16Go ram, no graphic card.