Can't get rewire to work

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Nastynasty, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Nastynasty

Nastynasty Newbie

I don't often ask questions on the net as they've mostly been answered a millioin times already but this has got me and google stumped. All i want to do is to record drums from Reason into Logic so I can export them as audio loops. I'm on a late 2012 mac mini with latest OSX.

I fire up logic set up a couple of tracks and then fire up reason, this is where it goes wrong. Instead of rewire starting up like it does on other computers I've used I get a password prompt, 'reason wants to make changes' etc, so I enter password and end up with the message in the screenshot.

I've tried starting them both in 64bit mode and32bit mode. Tried making sure the files in the reason folder are unlocked (the thing is I get the impression it's the folder the files are being copied from that's locked rather than the one being copied to, but i've no idea where or what that folder is).

I tried verifying and repairing disk permissions. I've also tried rewiring reason through ableton and get the same message. In fact I think I may have tried that first but from what I've read live 9 and rewire don't work well anyway.

Been at this a few days now and it's beginning to look like rewire just isn't possible for me on this computer. I've googled and googled and though there are a (very) few people with the same problem there's no solutions for any of them other than the standard 'run them both in same bit mode' advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

3. muaB

muaB Producer

why the hassle, just render the drums out of reason and import in logic?

4. Feridan

Feridan Newbie

It could be a permissions problem. Try this. Open up Terminal app in Application/Utilities and type this

sudo chmod -R 775

(Always leave a space behind the last character you typed in terminal for this) then drag the 'Rewire' folder in Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ into your Terminal window.

Hit return, enter your password when prompted (Password's not mirrored), hit return again.

Alternatively you can download an application such as BatChmod to correct the permissions on the folder and its contents. Make sure you check the 'Apply to enclosed folders and files' box at the bottom of he BatChmod window. That might fix it.

You could also look inside the Reason folder in Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ Depending on how many files you have in there, do a 'Get Info' (highlight, then cmd-i) on all of them. Right at the top of the Info window, underneath the Spotlight Comments, there is a 'General' section (you might have to click on the little triangle to expand it). Take a look at 'Locked' and see if any of the files have been locked.

An easier way would be to use the Terminal again. Type

sudo chflags -R nouchg

(Again don't forget the space after nouchg) And again pull the Reason folder into the Terminal window for the path, enter password, return.

Other than that .... it might be a problem with Gatekeeper?