Can't get presets in cubase elements 11 with Behringer FCB1010

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Peter Bomhof, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

Ok, ill figure this out,but i am not sure if this works,but i hope it works out
    Greetz Peter

2. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

@BEAT16 ,
    Hi Beat , ive downloaded the free editor in the tread FCB for Dummies.
    preset pedals don't respond, only the expression pedals.
    i stay trying to get his to work,it could be that cubase makes trouble
    Greetz Peter

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello Peter, you should also check that in another DAW to isolate the problem.

FAQ - Behringer FCB1010
    http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/showfaqs.asp?

FCB1010 yahoo group
    https://fcb1010.groups.io/g/main

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  4. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

this is i was afraid of... fcb1010 was in the beginning correct, this is a cubase elements issue
    so whats next??

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I read it.
    https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cant...-cubase-elements-11-with-amplitube5/733990/20
    Cubase 9.5.3 QC Generic Remote setup

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JEEDnTr-3bE

Quick Tip: How to setup Midi CC data in Cubase 8.5

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  6. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

Hi Beat, thnx for those video,
    video 1 "i think that we're very close now" , but my presetbutton still don't work :(
    i know now thats a cubase issue it just don't work at this moment, if you have any clues left please send me those
    Greetz Peter

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello Rainer, I found something else - it's in German, I translated it with the Google Translator.

If I see that correctly, there is no USB port on the behringer part, so you need an interface that also has a midi in. Then just assign controller data to the Amplitube presets in Cubase http://www.soundandrecording.de/tutorials/steinberg-cubase-generischen-controller-einrichtungen/
    Source: https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/amplitube-3-mit-fcb1010.628717/

DAW tutorials

Steinberg Cubase - Set up "Generic Controller"
    by Axel Latta, September 7, 2015

Not only via the “Logical Editor”, but also via MIDI controllers, functions can be controlled in Cubase that would otherwise only be accessible with the help of dedicated buttons. To do this, open the menu "Devices -> Configure devices". Here you can create a “generic controller” for the “remote control devices” by clicking on the “+” symbol at the top left.

Select the device of the same name in the list of "Remote control devices". Open the drop-down menu "MIDI input" on the right and select the corresponding MIDI port on your remote control. Pretty much any MIDI controller or commercially available MIDI keyboard should do this job.

Check the box next to "Learn". Now select the first line in the upper window and press a MIDI controller. The “MIDI Status” column then changes to “Note On”, and the “MIDI Channel” and “Address” columns are updated next to it. Repeat this step for the following lines - eight should be enough for now. So much for the basics! Here are two sample setups with which this generic controller can be used:

SETUP 1: Switch inserts on and off via MIDI command

The purpose of the trained controllers is defined in the lower half of the window. For "Fader 1", even if it is a button, enter "Mixer" in the "Device" column. "Selection" must appear in the "Channel / Category" column. For “Value / Action” you should specify “Ins.1 On”, ie the insert effect in the first slot.

If you check the box next to “Toggle” in the “Flags” column, you can switch the effect on and off again later. Repeat these steps so that the first eight lines, in ascending order, address insert effects 1 - 8. In the mixer you can now comfortably activate and deactivate the insert effects by operating the corresponding MIDI controller - and that in each selected channel strip.

[​IMG]

»Faders 1-8« are each assigned their own button in the upper window. The lower window forwards this MIDI data to the eight insert slots of the selected channel strip.

SETUP 2: Change monitors via MIDI command

But more complex circuits are also possible - such as remote control of your monitor setups. All you need is more than a monitor and an audio interface with a few individual outputs. First open the "VST connections" with the [F4] key and switch to the "Studio" tab. Activate the "Control Room" switch there.

You can now register your existing speakers using the “Add channel” button - in the picture it is the stereo pair “Monitor 1 to 3”. Under "Device Port", specify which outputs of your audio interface are connected to the various monitors, here "Analog 1 to 6". Back in the “Devices -> Configure Devices” menu, you can now specify the desired action for the incoming MIDI command for the generic controller in the lower window.

In the first line, the “VST Control Room” option is selected for the “Device” column, while “Device” is selected under “Channel / Category”. The "Value / Action" column is set to "Monitor selection 1". You can now repeat these steps until all of your various monitor configurations have been assigned a MIDI command. Alternatively, you can also control the talkback or the dim function using a MIDI controller.

[​IMG]

8. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Indeed!
    Shocked, Noa! :yes:
    Please look into MIDI Thru. lol

9. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

I followed the instruction but when i chosen Note on behringer lets it jump back to controller
    very fustrating that it still not solved is
    i dont know anymore what to do

10. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Cubase : king of MIDI :rofl:

If Cubase Element sucks, change DAW
    There is no other solution

To isolate the problem, use Amplitube standalone ONLY to test

11. Peter Bomhof

Peter Bomhof Noisemaker

Ive tested Amplitube in stand alone mode, eveything working Great,
    I guess you're right about Elements it sucks...