Can't Get legit Soft Elicenser after installing the fake Elicenser

Discussion in 'Software' started by apenser, Jan 25, 2023.

1. apenser

apenser Noisemaker

Fake elicenser screwed up my elicenser program and can no longer install the legit elicenser. is there a way that I can get my legit elicenser back?

3. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

Download the elicenser installation helper from here:

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/...Licenser-virtual-license-container-is-missing

If by any chance you use virtual machines at all, make sure that you disable all of their ethernet adapters temporarily, as eLicenser uses the system's MAC address to generate the SEL encryption key, and sometimes having other virtual ethernet adapters will block LCC from rebuilding the SEL container. VPNs might result in the same problem, disable them temporarily.

These 2 things together has always worked for me in the past, although working out the MAC address thing isn't obvious and steinberg don't seem to want to talk about it.