Can't get Amplitube 4 (all IK Multimedia programs) opened/started on Win10!

Discussion in 'PC' started by JockÄl, Jul 30, 2016.

1. JockÄl

JockÄl Member

So I recently got myself Amplitube 4. After installation I tried to open it on my DAWs and as a standalone, without any succes. My DAWs all crashed to the point when they tried to load the Amplitube VST. Opening the Amplitube standalone application leads to a short loading circle on my mouse, then shortly appearing as a backround task, but 5 secs later it disappears.
    So I tried several workarounds including reinstalling (previously deleting every trace of Amplitube in the Regisrty), using any admin and compatibility modes while opening my DAWs and the standalone version. I then installed Amplitube 3 and T-Racks to then encounter the same problems! I also set my system back to a previous system restore point, reinstalled it in safe mode & used several antivirus tweaks, but nothing opened.
    I then reinstalled several other applications on my PC, including some audio but also non-audio related applications; they all worked flawlessly after reinstallation.
    I can say that I used some tweaks to diable some tracking and telemetry features in Win10 to get my well beloved Win-7-privacy back, but I don't think Amplitube should interfere with those tweaks, or?! My system also has a Xeon E5v3 processor in it, but every common program worked well with it, even games and very single threaded applications.
    I'd be super thankful if anybody knows some general workarounds, or even sepcific ones regarding IK Multimedia programs!
    Thanks!

3. Ain Om

Ain Om Newbie

Sorry, can`t give much help except to say I have two Win10 PCs, one of them tweaked to stop MS etc and both run Amplitube 4 fine with no special tweaks or installation tricks req