"Can't find core function pointer" HELP!

Discussion in 'Logic' started by LuckySevens, Nov 21, 2018.

1. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

This happened yesterday...

I went to load my Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 server (LAN network) and received this message: "Can't find core function pointer" when it was scanning the plugins.

As that message would pop up, I would click "close" and it would continue scanning plugins and pop up again. When VEP5 finally loaded... I created an instance and saw that 241 of 256 plugins were missing!
    At first I panicked, thinking I had inadvertently done something to my plugins folder (like accidentally moved them) but everything was there and intact.

After 11 years of using this setup, I'm not sure why this happened now, but I'm here to find out if anyone else has experienced this error message and to determine if they solved the issue.

I have re-installed VEP5, Logic Pro X AND the Operating System and the problem still persists... I have also contacted VSL and Apple. This is a rare error message but Google tells me that it tends to appear in various DAWS (I saw people using Ableton Live, Reason, Cubase, Logic, Audacity and Reaper having the same message pop up)... so it's not picking on one product over another.

I'll check back to see if anyone has a fix. Unless I fix it myself.

3. Producer J

Producer J Newbie

I am having the same issue but in my maschine daw I’ve reloaded and installed everything 3x and still having the same issue. Wth

Did you figure out the issue?

4. mithat

mithat Noisemaker

It sounds lika an operating system related update issue as resides after uninstall & installing again... Did you updated your OS recently?

5. Marc Houle

Marc Houle Newbie

Happened to me - turned out to be Izotope Ozone.....hope this helps someone :)