Can't check off VSTs in the plugin manager...

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by flguy, Jun 22, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I went through my plugins and categorized them, and in the process I unchecked a few of them by accident. I noticed and went back to recheck them in the plugin manager and they won't check no matter what I do, yet if I double click on them they load up with no issues. I can check off others plugins fine, yet the few that I accidentally unchecked in the process of adding them to categories won't let me check them off at all. I've restarted FL Studio and my PC, yet I'm still having this issue. I have no idea what the problem is, as the plugins still load fine, but now they aren't showing up in the list when I go to add them to a mixer track. If anyone has any ideas what is going on here please do let me know, thanks.

FL Studio 20.1.2 x64

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Bro what do you mean by "check off" "unchecked a few" "they wont check" ? You referring to the plugins search paths? I already told you one time. When your FL Studio goes all crazy the starting point is to reset it. And start from there. Also remember that FL Studio 20.1.2 does not remove the Windows default VST Folders from its Plugin search paths list. When you change the default install path in the registry, it will add this folder as an unremovable plugin search path in the plugin manager, and would not remove the previous search path. If we are talking the same language here the ones that wont check is because they already are set in the paths and as I explained FLS would read the windows default.
    If you want, email me in 2 or 3 of hours and we fix it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  4. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

There are check marks in the plugin manager, I can't make them gray by clicking on them. It's not going all crazy though It's just two effect plugins that won't show up on the list but load fine, it's a FL issue for sure. I'll message you if I can't get to the bottom of it.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Didnt I tell u that some cant be deleted? In order to delete some it has to be done in registry.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  6. johndoehizzle

johndoehizzle Kapellmeister

Best Answer
    @flguy ,

C:\Users\ *USER* \Documents\Image-Line\FL Studio\Presets\Plugin database
    (Obviously USER is your account)
    ------

make sure fl studio is closed, there u can delete the plugin(s) u dont want showing up on the fl studio plugin manager/ plugin list. open fl studio again, it should be fine now, if not , do a plugin scan to refresh the list.

7. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I ended up just deleting the .fst file for both VST's and did a rescan and everything works now. It must of been a random glitch or some shit.