Cannot Seem To Add Urban Beats To Kontakt 5 Library At The Same Time

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by NYCGRIFF, Aug 12, 2014.

1. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi Guys:

I have Native Instruments Library Band installed onto my main hard drive (Windows 7x64). I recently placed the "Urban Beats" library onto the same drive, opened up Kontakt 5 v3.1.0.4, clicked "Add Library", and pointed Kontakt to the library's location. At first, everything appeared to go smoothly. However, when I opened "Library Band", the original default instruments were replaced by Urban Beats (what)? So, I clicked "Add Library" and re-added the Library Band instruments. Lo and behold, the original Library Band returned, but now Urban Beats was no longer there.

To make a 'short story long', I repeated this process a few times with the same results. Problem: I cannot seem to get Urban Beats and Library Band to show up together in "Band". If someone can provide a bit of insight into my dilemma, that would be real sweet.

Thanks.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

is it possible they are sharing the same SNPID number in the licence manager?

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/12235-snpid-numbers-in-kontaktsolved/

4. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi SirSillySausage:

I've checked the nicnt files of several of these addon Libraries: "Choir", "Urban Beats", "Orchestral", and "Vintage". Everyone of them contain the same SNPID number (324) and the files, "Kontakt Factory Library1.nkc" and "Kontakt Factory Library1.nkr" with their main folders. I'm assuming that the "324" is there because adding these Libraries are supposed to insert them all into the Native Instruments Library Band's tab within Kontakt 5. However, I experimented with your suggestion and changed one of the Library's SNPID numbers to, "325". When I clicked, "Add Library", I received the "Library not Found" error. So, I'm still at the starting line; regardless of what Library I add, the Kontakt Factory Library's tab contents removes the other Libraries and inserts that particular Library. So, for now, I'm back to the main Library Band containing, "Horns", "Acoustic Pianos", etc.

In the meantime, thanks for your input. Hopefully, someone will tell me what the problem is.

5. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

By the way, I read the link you provided. No answers there for my specific issue.