Cannot save patches in Omnisphere 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by justjustus, Apr 8, 2019.

1. justjustus

justjustus Newbie

Hi everybody!

I use Omnisphere 2 within Logic Pro X 10.4.4 on Mac OS Mojave (10.14.3) and I am not able to save my own patches. When I select "Save Patch As" or "Save Patch Quick" from Omnisphere's utility menu and enter a file name for my patch it always returns with a notice saying:

When I select the "My Category" folder within my "User" folder or create a new subfolder within my "User" folder and try to save the patch there the same notice returns over and over again, no matter which folder I select.

Things I have tried so far:
    • Globally disabling Gatekeeper
    • Globally disabling System Integrity Protection
    • Setting STEAM folder (+ all subfolders / files) permissions to "Read & Write" for every user

I'm running the Omnisphere 2 release from the sister site with all latest updates installed:
    • Omnisphere Software v2.6.0e
    • Omnisphere Soundsources v2.6.0c
    • Omnisphere Patches v2.6.0c
    • Moog Tribute Patches v1.4e

Now I have reached the point where I don't know what I can do further in order to make this work. Does anybody have another hint for me?

Thank you in advance!

Justus

3. charis123456

charis123456 Newbie

did you find a solution? i have the same problem

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

The post you bumped is 2 years old. My current legit Omnisphere is v 2.8.5. When this thread was first posted, he was probably up to date at v2.6.0. There is little point in troubleshooting an older version when a new current one is available. And you might want to supply some info about your machine like processor type, MacOS version and the other details about the Omnisphere installation.

There were some timebomb issues with PC versions that caused something similar. I never heard mention of it for Mac, but i'm sure it is a possibility.