Cannot process two or more inserts at the same time. [solved]

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by jimrantos, Mar 13, 2022.

1. jimrantos

jimrantos Noisemaker

Hello people of culture,
    I have been facing a bizarre problem for quite some time now and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere (might as well be that I am addressing it wrongly the whole time).
    I will get to the point because I really need your lights on this.
    (my daw is FL Studio 20.7 running on windows 10 if this information is needed.)
    So when I am mixing a project, I cannot have open two separate slot insert windows at the same time. Let's say I want to layer two hihats together and I have added an eq at each channel to be more surgical. Now when I want to view both of those eq at two different windows side by side so I can compare their spectograms and adjust my settings, I can never achieve that, because when I open one and then try to open the other, it closes the first one by default and only shows me the second. This also happens when I check something inside whatever plugin, then as soon as I go to it's mixer channel to adjust the fader level, it closes the window as well. I'm tired of wasting so much time going back and forth on different windows trying to reach the 4th dimension state of my mind remembering and being absolute about all my adjustments instead of multitasking on them because that's just stupid from my perspective. I'm sorry for the long post but enough is enough.
    Thanks in advance..

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

so you want to change the behavior of the plugins to float, and you cannot snap them together?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  4. relexted

relexted Producer

Go to 'Options > General Settings' and disable 'Auto select linked modules'.
    You can also hold 'Alt' while selecting different channels to keep existing windows open.

5. jimrantos

jimrantos Noisemaker

No that was not exactly what I was looking for but I have to admit you helped me in a way. On that same General Settings window, I had to enable "Detatch all plugins". That did it for me and thanks everyone for your interest in my matter.. Finally.....