Can you still buy Ohm Force plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mythos91, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Mythos91

Mythos91 Ultrasonic

Looking at Ohmicide. But their Facebook looks dead and people are saying its a dead company?

3. Mythos91

Mythos91 Ultrasonic

Yeah what I mean is if I click buy that will receive a license after I have paid. I have heard playing paying for VST's on dead sites and not receiving the software.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Don`t believe what people said and even less in facebook.

5. vexd

vexd Kapellmeister

No updates in 6 years, would look elsewhere for distortion plugin instead of risking it on this.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

Sadly, some good companies goes "half dead" like OhmForce.
    I say "half dead" because plugins still work ... BUT "no update" mean future troubles.

What happens if next Windows/OSX update break something ?
    No ones knows ...

FXPansion is another case : they drop products like socks
    Remember Guru ?
    Remember DCAM Synth Squad ?
    They have more legacy products than new ones.

After that, some devs wonder why ppl don't feel secure, putting their money into a hole ...

I love my OhmForce plugins.
    BUT i don't feel it is a good "investment".

Take a look at Audio Damage may be ?
    Love them

And their legacy products are free :wink:
    https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-and-legacy

Like Kombinat :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

FXPansion have always mystified me. If you can plough that much work into developing the app, surely you can keep on top of your maintenance releases for the next ten years or so. If you don't, why would anyone buy another app from you in the future?

While I might occasionally buy little audio apps for my iPad, if I'm spending money on stuff these days, I'm spending it on hardware. I know that synth won't be worthless in ten years time. The software? Almost certainly valueless.

AudioDamage are a great example of developers who do it right though. I own all of their iPad apps.

8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

You could always cough cough errr buy it from the erm Sister Site!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. 9ty

9ty Kapellmeister

I'm still using Geist2 and love it. At least no problems for me on Win7/Win10.
    Is anyone else using Geist2 or knows an adequate/interesting alternative?

10. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

It is abandonware:chilling:

I used to use so much Ohmicide

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Well funny thing is that I read a similar Post on KVR some months ago
    So first thing first
    (Be bewared everything beneath is Gossip from KVR without any good sources )
    So yes and no
    they lost their head developer and had a new one (that one did their graphics before)
    So for all "old Plugs" it's 100% abandonware. There will never be VST3, Clap or whatever will bring the future . (It's really unlikely that they have the original code and can use it without him. Technically, they could reverse engineer their code and do it that way, but I don't believe they would do so much for their old software )
    They still sell their old stuff ... full price ...

For their "new" Stuff Ohmboyz Infinity can be support but still two years without any sign more dead than half dead I would say

So on their Blog
    20.01.2021 Recommended: if you had a prior install of Ohmboyz Infinity use Options/Reset Factory presets on the first launch of 0.0.9.
    source:
    https://blog.ohmforce.com/v-0-0-9/

And From KVR
    Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:45 pm
    Final update: Ohm Force support (Vincent) got back to me pretty quickly, given that it was the holidays, so kudos to them. Sounds like the company is far from dying, which is great news because they make awesome stuff.

source:
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8307064&hilit=Ohm+Force#p8307064

Just wrote to
    [email protected]
    or
    [email protected]

If there is no response in a few days, the company is really dead.

12. BagelShaggerz

I sure hope they're still around, Ohmforce had the quirkiest and coolest plugs. I hope they come out of the mud and make all their legacy plugs VST3. Ohmboyz are a lot of fun

13. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

Ohmicide is never a solution.
    Peace and Love.

14. BlackWinny

I just made a little investigation.

I started searching in the official website or the "Centre National de la Musique" (CNM) which has a database of all the french professional persons working in an activity related to music. I found:
    https://www.cnmwork.fr/annuaire/activite/editeurs-de-logiciels-banques-de-sons/90481-ohm-force

We can see that the company still exists today. And the page shows the name of the company executives. We can see that the CEO is named Franck Bacquet.

Now let's go to the official database of the companies in France:
    https://www.societe.com/cgi-bin/search?champs=ohm+force
    We can see that the real name of the company is Graoumf, and that Ohm Force is just a commercial denomination.

Let's check that we don't make any mistake, that it is really THIS company. We click on the first item in blue. We arrive at this page:
    https://www.societe.com/societe/graoumf-433991353.html

And we can see in the little text titled "Présentation de la société GRAOUMF" that yes, the CEO is named Franck Bacquet. So it's the right company.

Below, in the section titled "Renseignements juridiques" we can see that the company was created on December 2, 2000.
    Just beside, at right hand, we have a little link titled "Statuts constitutifs". Let's click it. It drives us to this page:
    https://www.societe.com/documents-officiels/graoumf-433991353.html#statutshop

What can we see in this page? A summary of all the events declared to the French national administration. The last event is on September 22, 2022, a declaration of a movement among the executives. So yes, we can already say that the company still exists. Let's browse down the page to try to get more information about this movement among the executives. In the section "Actes numérisés" we can see this things:
    16/06, 2022 : Procès-verbal d'assemblée générale - Démission de co-gérant
    In English it means:
    June 16, 2022 : Minutes of the general meeting - Resignation of co-manager

Also, if you want to contact Franck Bacquet, the CEO, I invite you to read this page:
    https://futuremusic.com/2019/01/07/is-ohm-force-out-of-business/
    And it is without any guarantee of a reply knowing that this webpage was published in January 2019 and that the company, even if it still exists, is totally silent, presents a very weak capital (only €1000) and presents a very weak financial return (6.67% five years ago... close to 0!) as we can see here at the line "Rentabilité financière":
    https://www.societe.com/ratios-financiers/graoumf-433991353.html

It means that the company is now winning less and less money along the years (certainly the reason of the resignation of the co-manager), and that it is probably on the path to close within the next 2 or 3 years.

Conclusion:
    Yes, the company still exists.
    But no, I wouldn't put today a cent on one of its products.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  15. BagelShaggerz

So you are Jaime from Joe Rogan, you did dun pulled dis up @BlackWinny

16. BlackWinny

[​IMG]