Can you reproduce these Steinberg USB Anti-Trial 4 eLicences? TEST FAILED. STEINBERG WINS AGAIN.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jenin, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Jenin

Jenin Noisemaker

After using V.R.'s eLicenser Antitrial beta-4 . (V.R. Anti-Viral 4) to get the Halion 6 Trial soft-elicenser to work permanently I noticed that while the command lines where running, registering each product, there was no specific command line for Halion 6 Trial. I wondered if it was possible to register other Steinberg software with V.R. Anti-Trial 4 without there being a need for an V.R. Anti-Trial 5 etc. As there were no more Soft-Elicenser trials available I let the idea go. Recently though I thought I might take a long long shot and see if it was possible that V.R. Anti-Trial 4 would work with USB Elicenser Trials and it seems to have done so! However because Steinberg's E License Control Center will not operate if you change the date of your computer one month ahead you have to wait for 32 days to see if the results below persist.

The only legit software on the USB Licenser below is for Cubase Pro 9.5

I first tried the Anti-Trial with the USB Trial of Groove Agent 4. I first uninstalled V.R.'s eLicenser Antitrial beta-4. After downloading and receiving the USB trial activation code for Groove 4 I activated it using Steinberg's Elicenser software and started it's usage period. I then reinstalled V.R.'s eLicenser Antitrial beta-4 and performed the maintenance procedure. The trial license end date period was now removed from the license and they are now permenant licences. I did the same with the remaining software including the Portico and Yamaha Plugins. I don't have any use for Nuendo at this time but the test run worked just the same on another system's USB licenser.

Below are screen images of the USB licenser before and after applying Anti-Trial 4.

Please let me know if you still have similar results in one month!!

before anti trial with cubase live.png

After applying Anti-Trial 4.

wave lab full lic.png

yamaha full license.png

groove agent full license.png

Please let me know if you still have similar results in one month!!

Jenin

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I tried it to create a license on my elic to use it on macOS. On windows it was working but when booting under macOS it just shows an invalid license. just in case some one cares :)

4. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

@Jenin,
    Not sure why you created a new thread with the very same post?

5. Jenin

Jenin Noisemaker

6. Jenin

Jenin Noisemaker

I had to put back a bunch of stuff I deleted so wanted a new thread. I asked them to delete the other thread but they haven't gotten to it yet.

It's been deleted now.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  7. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

So I did a quick test with a syncrosoft/steinberg key protected application. Virsyn provides a 20 hour trial of Poseidon. Set up everything as it should be. It showed up in eLicense Control Center as Full Version. Ran the synth for pretty much 24 hours. Reloaded the synth and it wont run. Complains about no license being found anymore. It also no longer shows up in the eLicenser Control Center where previously it showed up as Trial but claimed to be Full Version. So that product definitely doesn't work.

I think the reason that HALion works is that it's reporting as a *Soft* eLicenser (SeL in eLicense control) for some reason

8. Dani5834

Dani5834 Newbie

So are there any news?

9. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

CubaseTest.JPG

I am currently testing and hoping like hell, I have to wait till after Aug 8 to know for sure.
    No... I prefer not to move my clock.

Least I get to see and work with the program for a month. Love the midi stuff in Cubase so far.

If it breaks I wont buy it ... 500 $ is insane for any daw

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Just some perspective:
    Not so long ago if you were in a band before everyone had DAW's in their home computer, $500 would possibly not have got you one day in a recording studio.
    In some studio's, it still won't.

If you do a lot of recording, $500 is a small investment for long term recordings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

I totally agree but I am just a hobbyist. Its just out of reach to invest that kind of money for me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  12. Ricky Aprianto

Ricky Aprianto Newbie

i've tested before, after 1 month the program stop working, and you need renew the license.

13. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

It does not work on Virsyn products. It does not work with Vengeance (Keilwerth) products either.
    From what I have seen up until now, the only Syncrosoft eLicenser dongle protected products that this appears to work with is HALion

14. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

hi there. news? something wrong? i'm waiting to buy an elicenser :thumbsup:

15. notrace

notrace Producer

Doesn't work. Don't waste your time and money. When I tried installing Elements 9.5 (30) on Win10 r1803 Anti-Trial 4 bombed out with 2 errors.

16. Jenin

Jenin Noisemaker

WELL STEINBERG WINS AGAIN. TEST FAILED. After the 30 day trial the Groove Agent 4 License on the USB-Elicenser ended and was swallowed up, never to be seen again. I wonder what V.R. meant when they said 'anti-trial works with soft elicensers but is unstable with USB licensers.' Have they had success with it extending the licences in some cases or have they got it to work and the software itself is unstable. If V.R. can comment on this it would be much appreciated. Well, the quest continues ...

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  17. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Seems to me that somebody was able to generate soft eLicenses for Arturia v2, the Waldorf bundle and a version of the Korg VIs via Windoze/Wine that worked for both PC and Mac. Most of those guys went on to different security formats, but I still have eLicenser (as well as a USB dongle from back when Korg was still using Syncrosoft) and those old registrations are still there.

18. james20022

james20022 Newbie

I'm a bit confused by your post.
    Did you ever get Halion to work ?

I have a Genuine Cubase 10 Pro, but I want Halion Sonic 3 or Halion 6.
    (the free halion SE 3 doesnt is a bit too bare)
    I also have the dongle.

Do you think there is any way I can get halion sonic 3 or halion 6 (cracked) to work on my system ?